Deal Check - XC90 Recharge Ultimate negotiations just starting

That’s an effective monthly payment of almost $1,100. That’s way too high. My wife has that exact car (but the MSRP was over $2k higher due to bells and whistles) and we pay about $850/mo and put no money down. Have you looked at what the brokers are offering?

1 Like

Haven’t looked at brokers yet, I’ll look into it. Thanks

FWIW this dealerships “manager special” is more than than your monthly for a Plus, ~$75k MSRP so I have a long ways to go it seems :confused:

I think brokers are at double digits off MSRP pre-incentive. I’m shopping for a xc60 t8 at probably the same dealers you are and I’ve had 3 get me to 12% off pre-incentive. Not the same vehicle obviously, but keep working them if that’s the car you want, you should see a bigger discount.

1 Like

It is in your best interest to never ask a dealer how much they want you to pay, but even more so, to never go into that conversation without already knowing what a good deal is. Take a gigantic step back and put together a well researched target deal before you consider talking to a dealer again.

2 Likes

What good do these incentives do you?

Sure they exist on paper but regardless who would pay ~$40k over three years to drive a Volvo for 22,500 miles?

Incentives keep it from being double the price per mile if I were to finance/buy over the same 3 years and 22,500 miles. Not going to drive more just because I’ve purchased it.

Way to miss the point. This is a complete opposite of what a hacked lease is, but if you’ve made up your mind enjoy the car.

1 Like

My point was only one why incentives. But I still want to hack the lease of course, show me a comparable PHEV under $1k/mo and I’ll happily reconsider my vehicle choice

The incentives aren’t really doing anything for you. The same payment could be achieved by $0 rebate and a lower MF/higher RV. But the rebate only exists on the paperwork because customers want to see a rebate on the paperwork. It’s complete vaporware in that sense.

What do you consider a comparable PHEV? Usually when someone asks that question it ends up being rhetorical because they’ve constructed a goalpost that only one, their predetermined outcome, can get through.

Pit the dealerships against each other. Bethesda doesn’t seem to like to give a sale to DARCARS. Falls Church will also play game and seems to hate losing deals to Bethesda.

This is what it was like when I last purchased, but I have a feeling it is still the case.

2 Likes

This isn’t accurate. Per Volvo’s website, it is $7500 + $1750 in lease cash. It isn’t $2500.

Appreciate the insight, thanks. I’m just looking for a 3 row PHEV that’s not constantly at the dealership for recalls (ie Mazda CX90) that can be had for under $1k a month :person_shrugging:

Straight from the horse’s mouth

See what @AutoCompanion offers in DMV.
You save $500 by buying from MD vs. VA

3 Likes

I am more of a donkey than a horse but ok

2 Likes

Pardon me. Stallion? Gelding?

Thanks! Confirming these % are off MSRP before or after the EV Incentives? (currently $9k).

It’s always before incentives.

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming!

Before all and any incentives, not just EV.

1 Like