Deal check - Lease ev9 2024 Gt

Hello all. I’m new here but hopeful you can help me out. This is for so cal area around Disneyland.

I want to see if I’m getting a good deal.

Lease 36 months 15k miles 2024 ev9 Gt
Sticker was 77,620
Dealer giving it to me for 75,569 (300 over invoice)
7500 incentive on top of the 300 over invoice
Residual 57%
MF .00277
$3500 down covering 1st payment and cap reduction

Payment 1,054

2 Likes

Personally $1054 may be high for this. I would look at it if around $800.

Thank you for the reply. Trust if I could get it for 800 I def would. How would this be possible? If you got the plug would love to have it haha. Even getting it at 300 over invoice seems solid. Haven’t found anyone to work less than sticker in so cal.

Getting it for $300 over invoice, may be good RELATIVE to what dealers are offering on this specific model.
But on the grand scheme of car leasing, paying over $1k per month on a Kia is not a good deal.
You can be in an EQS for less.

1 Like

What do you need in a vehicle? What other makes and models are you willing to consider?

Trust I didn’t want to spend 1000 on a lease but the issue goes back to the last question. What do I want and need in a vehicle. I looked into MB but just not enough room for 3 car seats comfortably.

We have 3 kids all under 4. One was born Dec 28th so needed something we could rely on in the EV space. so need a car that is set up to accommodate 3 car seats. Wanted it to be electric because gas in so cal is crazy pricey and we have been spending almost 300 a month on gas for our hybrid Jeep. So saving about 3k a year in gas.

This was the only car on the market that we can get our hands on that is a good size suv, available with what we want feature wise and electric and in the time we need it.

I guess a deal is good at the price given but when something is needed a deal becomes secondary.

2 Likes

Seems like a bad lease. Pretty sure you can do better!!

Out of Spec had better numbers in their video.

Congrats on the baby! Must be difficult looking for a car now…

Sheesh, that’s a lot of money on gas.
Assuming you aren’t relying on Electrify America for charging, you are still spending around $100 on Electricity to drive 1,200 miles per month.
So the real gas savings is closer to $200.

So from an effective monthly payment of around $1,150 minus -$200 gas savings you are still at $950.
If the reason you are looking at electric is to save money, this is not the car.

Which other gas cars were you considering that fit your needs? I’m assumimg that almost every single equivilant gas car will be cheaper.

Some thoughts

1. Do you need a third row or do you need a wide second row?

2. A small investment in the right car seats could get you three across in a much less expensive vehicle

3. A PHEV might get you to most places on a daily basis on electricity alone

1 Like

I don’t think the gas savings can be $3k a year unless you have access to free charging. I was doing some calcs based on electricity charges per kwh (I also live in socal) and had arrived at a possible number of maybe $500-700 a year assuming 10k miles of driving

It’s nowhere near as nice as an EV9, but have you considered a Pacifica Hybrid? With 32 miles of EV range, it should do most local trips on electricity alone.

3 Likes

Thanks for all chiming in. I looked at hybrid suvs but the gas station to me is as bad as the post office or the bank. I still have to go. The thought of not going to the gas station again is worth its weight in gold haha.

Having a hybrid now that gets 22 miles on a charge works at times but usually the way I drive it’s is not close to enough most of the time.

Changing car seats would be an option but I don’t think the wife would go for that based on the time she spent looking into seats.

Saving 200 a month in gas is good for me to be honest. The convenience of never hitting a gas station might be the most appealing thing. We had looked at a Yukon Denali before this but payment on the Denali would be just as pricey plus gas.

@EMdoc12 On that video it showed the car with 3k down at 800 a month with taxes in Colorado at 10k mikes. 24months. Then he switched to Cali and it was 900 and change a month before taxes and only 10k miles. Seems like what I got is comparable? Again I’m new to this so not sure if what I lookin at make sense.

It may sound like I got my mind made up haha might actually have but shopping around so cal I can’t seem to find a better deal for the ev9 Gt.

1 Like

Building on this. I leased an XC90 Recharge on 11/25. Even with only level one charging at home, and having driven 1,100 miles, I still have a quarter of the original tank of gas left.

Unless your driving is very uneven with many days of very little driving and others with a lot of driving, 32 miles of electric range combined with a level two charger at home should keep you from having to gas up more than once a month.

If you’re leasing the EV9 to capture all the lease incentives and then buy it out within 30 days for 5+ yr ownership that’s fine.

But making $36k+ lease payments makes no sense.

1 Like

Whilst I agree with you that paying $40k for a 3 year lease doesn’t make a great lease on such a car. I would like to hear how you came to the conclusion that a lease to finance for a 5 yr period makes any more sense.

I’ll add my 2 cents of why I believe it doesn’t.

Current 2 year depreciation on an
EV6 (and other ev’s as well) is around 40%. Assuming the EV9 depreciates similarly, I believe it’s safe to assume that if it depreciates 40% in 2 years, it will most likely depreciate 60%+ in 5 years.

Based on the above, if OP would do a 72 month finance (after capturing the 7.5k rebate) with an interest rate of 6% (still possible on used?) and sell the car after 5 years, OP will have spent close to $75k and have around 16k in equity.
So a total cost to own of $59k + maintenance for 5 years or $40k for 3 years isn’t much of a difference.

1 Like

@Josh100 thanks for chiming in.

I think what the core of all of this is not if the ev9 is a good car to lease at 1000 a month but if the deal that I am getting is a good deal on a car that is brand new and not a good car to lease if that makes sense. I have called many dealers and not one is willing to go close to invoice so at this moment in time with my needs I think the question is has anyone seen anything better price wise?

1 Like

There aren’t many data points for the EV9 yet on LH.
If I remember correctly there was 1 in FL for a similar discount.
It makes sense that it’s a good price for this car at this time, based on the fact that it just came out.

You explained your need for a car that can accommodate 3 car seats, but your explanation of why you think the EV9 is the perfect choice because of the $200 in gas savings doesn’t add up, as there are many gas cars for under $950.
Unless you belive that the EV9 is the only suv that can fit the car seats comfortably?

Kia Telluride, Mazda CX90, Hyundai Palisade and Volvo XC90 are all cars that should be way cheaper if they can accommodate your 3 car seats.

A good example would be the XC90 recharge as @EC99 mentioned.
Last month there were posted deals of $6-700 on those.

@Josh100 the main reason is my driving habits. I wanted an ev because that would save me 200 or so a month in gas. Looking back at my budget we would spend roughly 250 to 300 a month in gas with our jeep. I wanted an EV that would fit all 3 of the seats comfortably and honestly never go to the gas station. Have tried the xc90 last year too small, Telluride was cool still gas, but was willing to spend a bit more for the ev9 a newer model car etc. If I am spending 250 to 300 in gas a month saving 200 a month for never having to go to the gas station is a huge win for me. So for a car that I like over a car that i wouldn’t like as much or a car that is super nice but I have to go the gas station is key and not to mention I really like the ev9 over a lot of other suv 3 rows. Convenience is important to me.

Gas or Hybrid SUV for what we want -700 to 800 a month average lets say + gas at 250 to 300 so lets say 950 to 1100 a month
EV9 - 1054 a month + 60 bucks a month possibly cheaper with my solar install we are at 1104 bucks. Also this comes with my rims and tires and all that protection. My wife destroys rims so money would be well spent. So 100 bucks more a month i’m happy to pay for the convenience I feel.

I appreciate everyone giving options and opinions. Its nice to see everyones POV

Don’t fall for this - ‘You can get an EQS’ for this price.

EV9 is far better than EQS. The only thing you really (?) miss is the MB logo.

1 Like

@Thebest haha the EQS is too small for us either way