Deal Check - Audi SQ5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray

, ,

Hi Everyone,
This is my first post here, and I have been looking around lots of posts in a while. I am based in Chicago, IL and would be grateful if I can get some help or feedback here.

Here are the details of the car and deal that I have got from a nearby dealer:
Model - 2024 Audi SQ5 Premium Plus Daytona Gray
MSRP: $70,030.00

Lease Term - 36months/10K miles
Government Fee $351.00
Doc Fee/ERT Fee $393.03
Capitalized Taxes $2,691.00
Total Due at Signing $2,143.64
Zero Down / $803 per month including taxes

I do have Costco $1500 rebate which I think the dealer didn’t applied on it. This looks very high to me and I feel like not getting any discount on the MSRP.
I am terrible in negotiation and would really appreciate if someone could help me getting a good offer.

Thank you!!

Are you in the city?

Not in the city but near Ohare Airport which is still Chicago.

Makes a big difference in taxes so is the answer an unambiguous “no”?

yeah, Should I look for dealer outside the city or any other suggestions?

If you have a City residential address it doesn’t matter where you get the car you will get hit with the additional 9% City tax on leases…effective 18.5% after including IL tax on leases.

Best move is to write a check or finance instead because then you will only pay the normal sales tax of 9.5%.

2 Likes

Reason #817 not to live in Chicago.

6 Likes

Are you set on an SQ5? You would get a much better deal on the Q5e: $7,500 EV Cred + $1,500 Costco + it’s end of month/quarter so the dealership may give you a decent discount off of MSRP before these incentives.

The Q5e has very good/comparable HP/Torque with the SQ5. The SQ5 is lighter and more fun to drive. Just depends on if you are looking for an SQ5 or if you’re looking to save money.

1 Like

How much do you save?

I think it would be pretty easy to get a $700/m payment on a Q5e (Although I have not tried myself), and probably more hackable due to end of quarter.

Here’s a thread from a month ago :

1 Like

Not to derail but we lived downtown for 13 years without a single problem and loved it…so close to lake, beaches, river, restaurants, bars, shows, stores, sports, etc. Probably will go back one day too…

1 Like

Around the same time SQ5 P+ was like 625+ tax with inceptions (16xx) and first DAS.

I haven’t looked the EV version yet but will definitely check that out.

I know and it been up a lot right now and even after having those Audi special rebate and Costco discount its still more than &700-$800.

The Q5e is a PHEV, not a full EV.

Based on the deal sheet you posted, it looks like you are getting a 7.5% discount off MSRP. The $1500 Costco rebate will save you about $40/month over a 36 month lease.

The problem right now with leasing is that most cars do not lease well. However, more and more folks have been able to score some decent deals on EVs. Take a look at broker deals in the Marketplace to get an idea of what pricing looks like.

What other vehicles have you looked at? What is your post tax monthly budget?

@Shashank_02 On audioffers.com, I am seeing a $3k incentive from Audi on this car. Have you tried reaching out to other Audi dealers near you?

EDIT: If the dealer is including the $3k in their discount, then you are technically only getting a 4.7% discount off MSRP before Costco.

Thanks for sharing that info. Looks like the dealer I reached out did not disclosed these offer and I think he is including all these credits.
I am reaching out to other dealers as well. How much do you think the monthly price or range should be that will look like a good deal?

Yeah, Gonna check out the broker deals but I have looked BMW X3 as of now and after seeing the Audi price I am gonna look out other options as well from my list.

It was mentioned on another thread that you can’t combine the super low MF with the rebate this month.

Are you definitely are NOT subject to Chicago city taxes? Because, if you are, nothing will lease well.