Deal check/advice: Volvo XC90 - trying to learn the process

@bigsacattack You just got pinged by a very good broker. You life just got a little sweeter. @HersheySweet

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

64080 MSRP
minus 3000 (assume dealer cash)
= 61080 sub total
minus 58171 Dealer’s Offer Price
= 2909 Dealer Discount
4.5% Pre-Incentive Discount in Dealer’s Offer
10-12% Pre-Incentive Target

@bigsacattack The next time you doubt yourself, remember a Dealer made you a “reasonable” offer at :-1::
4.5% pre-incentive discount
$1,334 in garbage add-ons
Marked-up money factor

It’s just business. It’s not personal.

One needs to independently verify the incentives to determine what is discount and what is incentive. The dealer won’t always break it down

1 Like

Thank you! I just wasn’t sure if @824 already knew this or was able to decipher it from the picture posted by the author :). Thank you again!

That is definiely the key, and what has eluded me thus far. But that’s what I’m focusing on now.

I do agree, it is very difficult to determine the breakdown of that intial $5909 and what makes that up.

I apologize, I did not mean that in any way. Will excuse myself :slight_smile: Sorry to everyone and @bigsacattack especially!

I know some of the other users pull your legs for the “wordy” help that you have been providing.
But for what it’s worth, I think it’s pretty amazing that you are taking all that time to break things down in a simple and comprehensive way.

There are users are various levels of expertise here. The pros here are speaking at an entirely different level (see thread about the best way to analyze a good deal). But so much of the “pro speak” would go straight over the head of many seeking help here, who are not at that level of expertise.

Kudos for taking the time, and patiently trying to help, and cheerleading those who are not so great at this process. The world already has enough mean people. It’s really refreshing to see you being so invested in helping strangers.

Don’t stop doing what you are doing . . .

9 Likes

Well said.

To find a good deal, you are going to have a lot of dealers act like you’re crazy. Don’t give up!

1 Like

Already tried with @HersheySweet, and he did in fact find some killer deals in Nor Cal, unfortunately, not on any models that I was interested in (not his fault, but mine). Wanted to give kudos to him for having some great deals for sure if I could have worked with the inventory.

Good guy. :+1:
@HersheySweet

Sorry about that! I didn’t put a # to the username! Best of luck @bigsacattack, I really apologize, inventory is weird right now, and I just didn’t have the right color seat combo. Let me know if you have any ?s, you have my number!

Here is a quote I got that might help you with your search to get an idea of deals out there.

How much Volvo allowance/lease cash is rolled into that discount amount?

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 2

Ok, I need to check in again on a lease deal I’m working on. 2020 T6 Momentum, 7 passenger, no advanced pck. I’ve attached the sheet I’m getting and I just cannot figure out why my Calculator is not matching up with what they are giving me.

I do not want a $5000 drive off first of all, but I cannot figure out what is raising their payment so high compared to my calculator. Can anyone point this out for me based on what I’ve included here?

CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Keep it in one place.

1 Like

Got it. Thanks!

I confirmed that they are taking off $2201 off of the MSRP, then applying the $2500 lease cash from there, which I’ve done in the Calculator.