Deal Check - 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Preferred

Hi,

I’m in Seattle WA and been looking for a deal on a 3-row SUV. I’m wondering if the following is a good deal on the 2024 Mazda CX-90 PHEV Preferred:

Would love to get people’s thoughts on whether this is a good deal and what I can negotiate to get a better deal.

Thanks.

Some brokers here are at 8% off. I’d target getting them to invoice and if you have a challenge getting dealers there (about 1200 off) you can join SCCA for s-plan/invoice pricing (though a dealer has to accept it). Sports Car Club of America

Thanks. I’m very green with all this. Can you explain how s-plan/invoice pricing works?

I’ve never used it personally with Mazda, but have done similar programs with other manufacturers, but it will give you discounted pricing at invoice.

A sticker deal with no markups on the lowest cost model isn’t a bad deal but you can probably do better if there are other dealers in your area who can do better.

As of right now the 8% is only on Premium Plus trims I believe. I don’t know if anyone is offering discounts on the preferred trim.

CX-90’s dont qualify for S-plan pricing (at least according to the website). OP try to offer the dealer 1200 off (as mentioned above). The other option is using Refundable Security Deposits which can bring that interest rate down.

I would offer the same to other dealers too, like Doug’s Mazda in Lynwood.

1 Like

Which brokers are at 8% off on these?

Was going off @AutoNinjas spread sheet.

1 Like

I don’t believe it, unless is for the higher trims.

Shop multiple dealers. Lee Johnson has multiple stores (Kirkland and Lake City). I’d give Mazda Tacoma a try as well.

Thanks to everyone who commented above.

I’ve decided to go with the PHEV Premium with one pay option. The total comes out a bit higher than I expected so can an expert take a quick look at the below info to make sure I am not getting shafted. Also put together a calc if that helps.

Am I reading this incorrectly, or does it say that your monthly payment is $972?

That sheet confuses me
but it looks to be a one-pay but that would look like 678 a month?

Yes, it is one pay so the monthly would be $678 a month.

I’m based out of NJ and I was quoted mid 600’s monthly payment on a sign and drive. With one pay I was looking at mid $500’s effective. This was last month, I wouldn’t consider this a good deal. I don’t see programs have changed from last month. Have you run this by the LH calculator?

For my region I am getting a one pay of 13k

Thanks @ecrespo175. I think mine is coming out higher due to the higher tax rate (10.4%) and the fact that the dealer is marking up the MF by .00050.

Didn’t the original deal have a 75% residual and now it’s 72%? Did the residual change or is it because of a different trim?

I’m a complete newbie to this site and how leasing works. Been offered a CX-90 PHEV Preferred (list $47k) $5k down payment (all in, inc taxes, delivery, fees etc) and $299/month for 24 months. Can anyone please advise if this is something worth pursuing?

Many thanks!

NO that sounds horrible

Never put that much down a lease always try for zero

1 Like