Deal Check - 2024 Cadillac Lyriq EV

Shopping for a new SUV lease, and stumbled across the Cadillac Lyriq EV: Current deal below, car currently reserved with a refundable deposit.

2024 Cadillac Lyriq Sport 1 AWD
MSRP: $66,690
Lease Term: 24 Months
Monthly Price: $660
Total Out of Pocket: $2,500 plus registration

They are also offering me:
2024 Cadillac Lyriq Luxury 1 AWD
MSRP: $66,585
Lease Term: 24 Months
Monthly Price: $645
Total Out of Pocket: $2,500 plus registration

I currently have a Volvo XC90 lease ending in November at $625 mo and attempting to stay at that number. I prefer larger, 3 row SUVs but this feels like a good deal in the current market. Thoughts on this deal?

Looks too good to be true with the MF at corresponding 8.9%. What’s the discount?

4 Likes

Unsure, from what I can tell they are discounting $7,500 for EV credit. The salespeople know nothing about these cars, or EV’s in general here in Long Island, NY, maybe they are trying to move them for end of month.

Also, the way it has been explained from a few dealers is the 24month deal is much more aggressive compared to the 36 and 39 month deals.

1 Like

According to the Edmunds mods, the RV for some 2024 trims is in the 70s for 24 mos and the $7.5K credit is possibly a residual credit.

1 Like

That makes sense, when the first dealer was typing up his deal, I believe he put .77

There is no $7,500 EV credit on Lyriq. It is passed as RV bump, hence you get high residual, which is obviously better on 24 months. You need to ask for the full deal breakdown.
Also, you don’t get $5k targeted cash for being moved from MY23 to MY24, as the original customer would get.
You get close to these numbers with 10% off AND 83% RV which includes $7,500 bump from 72% (not sure if this is how they calculate it). This is the best program out of 3 Sports trims.

2 Likes

This was the original advertised deal on a $65,510 Tech. After some back and forth that’s where I’m getting on the Luxury and Sport. I’ll be back at the dealer this week to scrub the deal and get opinion before pulling the trigger.

Still hunting a Q8 etron too at end of month, but I think I’m going to get the better deal with the Lyriq.

2 Likes

I see there is $500 NYS rebate, nice.

Remember seeing that as well. The Cadillac dealers have been tough to deal with to date, but I think there’s solid deals to be had on these right now. Will report back when I have the specifics on paper to review.

I personally would skip the non 2-3 level trims as they don’t have SuperCruise. Fine for an in town EV and short trips but a dealbreaker for me. Otherwise the numbers look good to me.

1 Like

I can see that, I just don’t drive much. Returning my Volvo with 23k miles on it. Im really looking for a nice 2 or 3 row suv deal and this seems to be pricing the best.

The super cruise is very nice though, I just can’t justify the price increase.

I’m an ADAS fanatic, but I would definitely tell you not to spend the money for super cruise if all you do is stay in town for the most part. I’ve seen that if someone’s commute doesn’t include highway driving then the software is barely used and the money goes down in the drain. If you don’t do road trips, then it’s more reason not to get it.

3 Likes

Can you link the website of the Ad posted above ?
which dealer/state

So, you do have a deposit on a Lyriq. Hence, you do qualify for $5,000 cash, I assume?

I assume that is how I got the price. I cannot seem to replicate the deal in the calculator.

This pretty much matches with $7,500 EV credit as CCR, $5,000 cash and $0 discount:

Interesting, kind of makes me want to fight harder now!

Spoke with my Cadillac SM today and he said these too-good-to-be-true offers were through US Bank. Duh… But he said they changed the programs (not sure about that).

Not familiar with the different banks, so don’t understand how that works. At this point it will be an October deal (cars in transit) so we shall see if the deal stands when I get there.

Out of curiosity what’s your caddy contacts thoughts on these?

He didn’t think anything. He told me straight away it was through US Bank after I showed him a screenshot of that NY offer you posted. GM lease uses $7,500 as RV bump, as expected.