Deal Check: 2023 Wagoneer Base 4x4

, ,

Looking at getting a 3-row and trying my best to stay away from the minivans, but with the prices on the 3-rows I may not last much longer brothers.

2023 Wagoneer Base 4x4 with Nav (decently optioned)
MSRP: $74,980
Selling Price: $$70,000 (6.64% discount)
Rebates: $1,500 conquest, $5,000 dealer coupon
Cap cost: $63,500
RV: 57% (39/10)
MF: .00217 (5.2%)
Monthly: $918
Original Calc: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR
Updated Calc: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

There aren’t a lot of reference points on the forum, I’ve seen a few posts in Ask the Hackrs, but not a lot in signed or actual inked deals.

I’d like to push for a 9% discount which seems obtainable based on this being a '23 and seeing deals on other forums. That would get the payment closer to $850, which is my target. Let me know what y’all think.

I consider '23’s distressed merchandise, it’s March 2024. How many dealers have you shopped? MF looks marked up, I’d target $800/mo. Seems like the deal in the three row category is the Mazda.

lol why you acting like that’s a moral failing

Get the right tool at the right price

I’m already waist deep in the water. I have a deal for a '24 Odyssey Elite for a little over $4k off if I can’t make this Wagoneer thing work out.

1 Like

Take the Ody before someone else does

1 Like

Based on the info I got from Edmunds, it does appear the MF is marked up. If they took it down to base MF I’d be at my $850 target, but adjusting my calc for a non-marked rate and a 9% discount puts my right at that $800 mark.

There aren’t many '23s with the feature list that I want and this one has ~10k in good options. This is the only dealer within a reasonable drive of me that wants to play ball.

If I were in your shoes, I would make them an offer and make it clear you will sign right away if they agree to your terms. Only say that if you plan to actually sign. End of the month/quarter is only a couple of weeks away, so the dealer might be motivated to make a sale.

As stated, the Wagoneer does not appear to be selling well. TBH, I would shoot for 10% off MSRP with buy rate MF + rebates.

If they can achieve your target monthly with a marked up MF, then aiming for base MF does not really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Exactly this, overshoot the discount at 11% on your offer and buy rate and say you’ll sign today. I’d assume you’ll end up some where close enough to what you want, maybe even better

1 Like

Thanks everyone! I’ll push back with an aggressive target offer with urgency to sign right away.

1 Like

Well things papered out a little different from my initial calculator, but we are down to a payment closer to my $850 target. Going to check the vehicle out tomorrow and hopefully ink a deal. Here is the updated calc with the current deal on paper: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

TBH, that discount off MSRP is paltry. Why are you doing a 42 month lease? I get it that your payment might be lower than a 36 or 39 month lease. However the overall deal is just meh.

So what happened to this approach?

The discount is definitely weak, but incentives have always been weak on Wagoneers based on my research. Either way the price did come down from my initial offer (-$67/month).

Where do you think this deal has room to improve based on information you’ve seen? The $5k dealer coupon could be exchanged for a $5k discount from a dealer without it and the deal pencils the same.

EDIT: I’m tempted to pull this back to 36 months just to be within warranty for the duration of the lease. The payment is +$16/month at 36 months length which is fine by me. I don’t have a lot of reference points as these vehicles haven’t been lucrative lease deals and therefore don’t have the data points. It is much better than the $1200/month Tahoe deals I see on marketplace.

8% discount is what I need to get to $800/month effective on the deal, but I don’t have the ammo to work the deal any deeper since all my other prospects are out of the running because they don’t have the dealer coupon.

Haven’t set foot in the store yet, so that might be what is needed to get the extra points of discount.

Did the dealer provide any specific info about this $5k coupon? I am just curious if it is a Wagoneer-specific incentive they decided to pass down to you to sweeten the deal.

Not to sound repetitive, I do not think this is a good deal. However, if you feel that’s the best you can do then there is nothing else I can say.

FWIW, check out this post for an additional $1k coupon.

EDIT: Have you checked out the Marketplace for broker deals? You can use that as a baseline to compare how your deal stacks up.

1 Like

The dealer said that it was assigned to them based on their volume. I couldn’t find any record of it online or inquiring through Edmunds forum, so the story lines up. I’m getting the $2k conquest which is the national offer.

I’d say if I was talking to another dealer and they told me they were doing 11.5% off MSRP on aged '23 units, buy rate MF, and the $2k incentive I would be in about the same spot and that discount looks “healthy”

I was able to generate the TDM code, but the fine print says “1. Valid toward the purchase or lease of a new and unused 2023 and 2024 Wagoneer (excluding Series 1)” - with this being a Base I’m assuming that is the equivalent of Series 1, but I’ll let the dealer know about it if we move forward and see if it applies.

I’ve looked at marketplace and there are some deals on '24s for similar payments, but lower MSRPs and that is before any broker fees.

Managed to get back to 36/10k terms and keep the same effective payment: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

Ups the dealer discount to 5.28% ($3,900 off pre rebates; $10,900 off post rebates). Found out more info on the $5k coupon as well and it looks like that is an elective incentive that the dealer is given to help move units. I’m not sure if they have a limited volume of these coupons, but they only have two 23s left on the lot.

This deal may be better than many, but it is not great IMO. You’re looking at a leftover MY23, and is lower demand as-is. You should be able to blow one of these out of the water. If you don’t mind a bit of mileage, look at retired demo units.

For another third row option, look at the QX80. The leases are currently quite aggressive and I’d wager they will become stupid cheap as the new MY25’s begin. Gas mileage would be the primary negative.

Looks like OP already signed the deal.

A non-sliding second row makes it a borderline useless three-row vehicle

Only paper deals here. Not inked. Happy wife, happy life timing happened here where a Toyota dealer had a surprise Sienna show up and is giving it to me at a $1k discount.

Going to share this current deal with the Hackr community if anyone wants it. You all are right, it is a mild deal, but competes with Broker offers