Deal Check: 2021 Volvo V60 Polestar Engineered 24 Month Lease

You called out their BS so they threw a tantrum.

Good for you. Report them all to Volvo. But that’s what I suspected all along - too hot of a car to sell on a-plan, essentially at 7% total off.

2 Likes

Was given a VCoA email address to write in to in regard to the situation. Should hear from a regional manager soon with more information.

Not sure what VCOA got to do with it. They are a club. Volvo runs a-plan.

I meant Volvo Cars US.

3 Likes

Just received a call my dealer is confident they’ve secured a dealer trade. They’ll touch base tomorrow to confirm, but it’ll be a gray unit! :crossed_fingers:t2:

1 Like

Wait you decided to take them back?

I’m sorry, what?

Think this confused him

1 Like

Thanks.

Yes, I had reached out. Volvo corporate was going to assist me inform Volvo of Palm Springs they are required to sell a unit in stock on A-Plan if eligible (and that’s a fact) but they sold the silver one before she got back to them.

The Ambassador here in Chattanooga took the job under his wing and secured a unit inbound currently on a ship.

1 Like

This is the dealer I was working an MSRP deal on the last 2020 V60 P* back this spring (2020 Costco Volvo #1) before it even arrived, and they sold it from under me. I’ve tried a couple times to do various deals with the past and no joy. I’d rather have my wisdom teeth reinstalled and removed again than lease a car there.

1 Like

Good to know! I wonder if they just told the Volvo USA representative it’s sold. It remained until just recently listed on third party sites, and have heard dealers can mark it “sold” to avoid it being listed in Volvo databases as avail so they can play silly games.

They probably punched it and made it ineligible for a-plan, so now they can sit on it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

What @HersheySweet said. I assumed they were being a bit shady and you had given up on them.

Demo V60 Polestar in 6 months :laughing:?

At MSRP, sure.

3 Likes

This is an old thread, but I found it interesting Volvo changed this:

2 Likes

This must be a recent change as it certainly didn’t say that a few months ago.

4 Likes

No wonder dealers are going below invoice now :laughing:

Sorry that I forgot to post here about the resolution. My dealer local, Chattanooga Volvo, was able to intercept a V60 order that wasn’t sold already. The person who ordered it grew tired of waiting and bought an XC60 instead, so I had to wait only 2 months instead of 7 for a custom order.

Shared on the other LH forum. Read the numbers here: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2021-volvo-v60-recharge-polestar-engineered-24-10k-607-mo-tax-1-038-10-msds-das/

1 Like