Deal Check: 2021 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription - NY [car from MD]

I thought I deleted the first one by hitting the garbage icon but it isn’t going away. Sorry.

1 Like

unless you’re married to a particular color or features, there are enough cheaper cars in the tristate. also in no world are ny plates 600.

1 Like

I am married to particular features, but thanks for pointing out the $600. I know NYS doc fee is only $75. The car is coming from MD so I don’t know if that changes anything, but I will certainly inquire.

For $279 in additional cost on the entire lease, I would keep the MSDs (especially since you can do them with an out of state deal) but switch to $0 DAS.

What are the terms on the wheel and tire?

1 Like

I see the MSDs do make a big difference. I was also thinking of zero due at signing, too. The Leasehackr calculator is amazingly helpful for playing around with different scenarios. I am waiting to speak with the Business Manager about shipping the car to NY and the wheel/tire package. The wheel/tire package retails for $1600 so I hope to get a discount. I also want to see about interior protection. The blonde interior is beautiful but very impractical for my lifestyle.

Do the math on an OEM rim and tire before you decide, get the coverage and deductibles from the plan. I have 20” rims in my XC60 and the wheel and tire was a NO for me. These numbers may have changed (but to give you some idea)

I did add Volvo excess wear-and-tear for $750, I’ve seen others here get it for high $600s.

May be worth reading through this before you sign

2 Likes

Keep playing with it. For example, I’d choose to do first month at signing so, rather than $768 with $0 at signing and $8000 MSDs, you get to $747 with $747 at signing and knock MSDs down to $7500. Raises overall lease cost only $12 and increases total OOP at inception $247, but knocks $21 off the monthly. It is just spreading the costs out a little, but that can mean a lot to someone’s mental satisfaction with a deal.

3 Likes

There must be $300 runner fee included since it is MD dealer.

2 Likes

Does this apply to me even though the car is being registered in NY?

That is a ton of money for an ICE XC60 2021 too, regardless of market - not to mention all these MSD’s.
you may as well go for a subscription to get a 2022 and have some flexibility to get out when (if) things settle a bit.

2 Likes

The MSRP is $64,500 and unfortunately, subscriptions don’t apply to NY, or at least not NYC. Believe me, Subscription was my original plan. I went with the '21 because it has all the options and features I wanted and I wanted almost all that were offered in '21. The '22 XC60 and the '22 X3 are shipping with many options removed from the order sheet and even then arriving with some of the features ordered, deleted. It was important to me to get what I wanted.

I am also a features guy so can relate. Anyway considering the high MSRP - you couldn’t have done better in this climate. Enjoy the vehicle and post some pictures in the trophy garage.

2 Likes

ehh i’d be around a g less with no broker fee or the cost of shipping on that msrp. pretty sure so would @Benedetto

3 Likes

Ask for $800 for wheel and tire package.

2 Likes

Not in NY unfortunately

2 Likes

Why would anyone buy a 2021 when 2022 XC60s are already out and there is plenty of stock. Look around in this forum and you will find brokers offering 9% off on 2022s.

1 Like

These fees are always added for out of state deals, so yes.

2 Likes

Thank you. That’s what I was hoping to hear. If people haven’t been out shopping for cars lately, they may not know what the market is like at the moment. I shopped MB and BMW. Lots are more empty than I have ever seen them. So dealerships are marking up over MSRP because cars are so hard to come by. I figured 8% off MSRP was worth taking, especially since very few cars are leasing well these days.

1 Like

When we communicated recently, you told me at that time, you didn’t have any '21s.

The car I am leasing has so many more features and options than the 2022s. Some features that were important to me aren’t even offered for '22. This goes for MB and BMW as well.

1 Like