Deal Check: 2021 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription - NY [car from MD]

Thank you. That’s what I was hoping to hear. If people haven’t been out shopping for cars lately, they may not know what the market is like at the moment. I shopped MB and BMW. Lots are more empty than I have ever seen them. So dealerships are marking up over MSRP because cars are so hard to come by. I figured 8% off MSRP was worth taking, especially since very few cars are leasing well these days.

1 Like

When we communicated recently, you told me at that time, you didn’t have any '21s.

The car I am leasing has so many more features and options than the 2022s. Some features that were important to me aren’t even offered for '22. This goes for MB and BMW as well.

1 Like

I have several available demos. Sold out of new in July.

1 Like

You could have taken advantage of the no broker fee from Aronchi I believe

1 Like

Do you mind sharing which features are not available in 2022 that were in 2021? I’m shopping for XC60 too and yes BMW and MB cut down too many features but from what I see Volvo has pretty much everything intact in 2022 including driver assist, etc.

1 Like

The digital gauges are much cooler and the touchscreen is no android . There is no other major difference. Also instead of it being a t5 or 56 it’s now B5

2 Likes

If those differences don’t matter get the 2021 for a steal .

1 Like

See above. When he and I had communicated he said exactly what he wrote. At that time he had no '21s but did have some demos coming in. I wasn’t interested in a demo.

1 Like

I thought MSD are not allowed for NY ?

1 Like

Allowed for out of state purchase.

3 Likes

He got the car in Maryland so it’s allowed

Read what he said - he got everything he wanted in a new car.

1 Like

I have to start using my brain :man_facepalming:t3:

There are several with the most important for me being Park Pilot Assist [I live in NYC]. I know there are some smaller items like inductive charging, etc. I also couldn’t find a 2022 with Air Suspension, although offered. I will send you the list when I have the sticker so you can check. The biggest issue for me is that the three dealers I went to all admitted that despite the orders, many cars were coming in with items deleted. I would have the option to refuse, but there would be no guarantee that the next order would come in any different. With a lease expiring 9/30, I decided this was the best option for me.

2 Likes

Will park pilot assist work in nyc :joy:. The spaces we park in are ridiculously small

1 Like

Apparently they are. All makes I looked offered them, too. That may be a rule that changed.

I’m counting on it. It has to be better than my parking abilities. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

it’s a gimmick that doesn’t really work.

Huh? How come? Besides, it was $200 only.

1 Like