Deal Check: 2020 Mercedes S450 4matic MSRP $106K 36/mo 7500/mi $961/mo with $0 DAS $7350 MSD

Working on a longshot deal for a 2020 S450, I was inspired after seeing a loaner sell for 30% off. Seems to be a soft market right now with the model year turning over, the next generation model available and alot of aged inventory on dealer lots. Options for this model are 19" wheels, heated steering wheel, logo projectors, all season floor mats, drive assistance package and premium package. For an S-Class, this is pretty basic.

MSRP: $106,435
Selling: $94,356 (pre-incentive ~11%)
Taxed Incentives: $6500
Term: 36mo / 7500 mile
Residual: 53%
MF: .00050
MSD:7 for $7350
Payment: $961
DAS: $0
LH Score: 9.4 years
Calculator: Link

A trade-in is involved, the equity is break even but more important the trade-in offsets almost the entire tax amount. I am not quite yet where I want to be here, I think I can get this closer to $800/mo either via additional discount or forecasting future incentives to improve as the inventory continues to age.

$20k off msrp is easy

The one that a dealer posted like a week ago, is that gone?

Yeah, a broker posted a deal sheet for a loaner selling for ~$77K. I am at $87K on this new unit.

I reached out to him but no response.

I am working 1 loaner unit but not a fan of the colors (white/brown).

1 Like

I found a well optioned 2020 S560 service loaner in decent colors, but thanks to @MikeN – have learned the program for the S560 is poor, so I’m going back to searching for a S450.

I believe the residual you have for the S560 is wrong. Here’s what edmunds has it listed as for a 36/10 lease: S560 4matic - .00036 45% $6000 dealer cash. Add 1% for a 7.5k lease .

The residual is lower for the 560 compared to the 450

Nice catch… Thanks.

How are you going to get closer to 800?

With the MF on the S560 so poor (which I missed), looks like it could only happen on a S450. So I will need to adjust the parameters of my loaner search. But, I would need close to a 17% pre-incentive discount to get under $800.

Interested to see what you can find. Good luck on your search.

No problem. Not sure if you’re tied to the S class, but I would check the 21 BMW 7 series and 20 Audi A8 too. I think you can easily get to your payment on those. The S class will be harder to reach payment wise. I believe production ended on the 2020’s and the redesigned 21’s still have some time before they hit the lot… so there won’t be a fire sale on them right now.

1 Like

Anyone here have any feedback on Mercedes-Benz of Owings Mills in MD? They don’t seem very responsive.

I’m not a big fan of BMW, not feeling the kidney grills and my local dealership is absurdly obnoxious. I’ve owned an A8 before and it was in the shop during most of my ownership. When it was on the road it was glorious.

I tried communicating with them during my GLC300 hunt in the beginning of this year. “Not being responsive” is understatement in my book lol

2 Likes

Move on… maybe see if someone a little further south like in Virginia is stuck with an RWD model

I did eventually have a conversation with MB of Owings Mills, but the discount they were offering on a loaner was actually worse then the discount I was offered on a new one.

TLDR; Still can’t find a dealer who will play ball on a loaner.

Back in my past searches, the dealers north of DC (I.e. Baltimore) were laughable at best. I had luck at Annapolis the first time around and Tysons Corner the second time around. In all honestly, it’s a crap shot… no one dealer is better than the other… lot of it is luck and their mood at the time…just have to try them all!

Id imagine an s class loaner is a tough find in the DMV market - I always get stuck with last get GLAs as a loaner :unamused:

I got somewhere with the S450 loaner @ Owings Mills. Equipped very similar to the unit in the OP, with rebates the total discount is at $22,435, or around 21%. Still a bit short of my 30% deal target. The only curiosity is that they want to keep it a loaner for another month. Hopefully I can get them to move a bit more. As the deal presently stands;

MSRP: $106,435
Selling: $90,500 (pre-incentive ~15%)
Taxed Incentives: $6500
Term: 36mo / 7500 mile
Residual: 53%
MF: .00050
MSD:7 for $6650
Payment: $853
DAS: $0
LH Score: 10.6 years
Calculator: Link

1 Like

So how does that work ? That car is still in loaner inventory (and being used by customers) but you sign this month?

No tax?..

(Assuming this still applies) he said in the OP he has a trade in that is break even equity wise but the tax advantage wipes out nearly all of the taxes.