Deal Check: 2020 BMW 330i Loaner in CA

Not yet signed (iDrive kept crashing during test drive), but have a refundable deposit down. How’d I do?! Not sure I used the calculator properly. Thanks in advance!

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 BMW 330i loaner (4,800mi)
MSRP: $ 47,245
Sale Price: $36,745
Monthly Payment: $ 373 incl. tax
Drive-Off Amount: $ 3,000 ($0 down payment, $2,800 MSD, $200 tax and fees)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: .00122?
Residual: $27,402
Incentives: $2,000 (Drive to End Hunger and something else)
Region: CA-NorCal
Leasehackr Score: 11.9 years?

Looking at my deal I got recently: https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/signed-2020-bmw-330i-m-sport-loaner-msrp-49-025-389-mo-tax-2k-das-36-10-socal

It seems like you got a HUGE discount but the payments don’t make a lot of sense.

1 Like

This is confusing, it looks like you have $2000 incentives - which should go into taxed section on calculator (Lease Cash, and Loyalty maybe?)

But also a $3000 cash payment, which is separate from your $2800 in MSDs.

You need to add all the applicable dealer fees and govt fees. Also fix the incentive portion. It’s quite possible the discount is a combination of applied incentives and dealer contribution. Or, I am just inept tonight, and and misreading that quote sheet.

1 Like

Yes, not sure where thee $2K incentive went in thee calculator.

I think the $3K is DAS, which includes $2800 MSD.

2 Likes

Ah, I see. And I did not pick up on the $127 $CCR line item, which is probably to reach a full round number of 3000.x after applicable tax.

Edit: $3000 DAS is inclusive of MSDs, and the discount is epic and accurate pre-incentive. I got within $2/mo by estimating the total dealer fee and govt fee. Sorry if I added any confusion.

1 Like

MF looks to be fully marked up (base rate is .00082) but otherwise discounts are solid!

1 Like

That’s correct! $3k DAS includes MSD. Would you mind sharing your calc? I’m totally off once I put the $2k in taxed incentives.

Glad to hear on the discounts. Do you think it’s possible to negotiate the MF down to .00082? Considering the discounts.

That’s a good looking car and deal!

1 Like

At that discount? I wouldn’t count on it. Even with the MF mark up, you’re sitting at over 20% pre-incentive. I wouldn’t expect there to be more room there.

1 Like

Your calculator is off in a lot of ways, primarily missing fees and not having the DAS amounts match.

Here it is with an estimate on the gov fees and the dealer fee put back in:

1 Like

Thanks! Your calc makes a lot more sense, good to understand.

And noted on the ~20% pre-incentive.

Solid deal if 3k drive off includes MSD. It’s comparable to some of the brokers best deal here.

I was kind of expecting you to be low 300s with that kind of discount. As mentioned, might be the MF that they bumped up.

Bumped MF only accounts for a 2% of MSRP increase in price.

The “issue” keeping from sub $300 really comes down to the limited incentives.

1 Like

Not a unicorn, but I think it’s a good deal, esp given the global circumstances. If you like the car, I’d take it.

Any suggestions on how to make this low 300s and a unicorn deal?!

There probably isn’t a whole lot you can do at the moment. The BMW wiki will discuss any incentive options, but generally the low monthlies end up being a result of aggressive loyalty incentives, OL codes, BMWCCA, etc stacking together.

There are no dealer or gov fees in the calculator

$2,000 rebate should probably be taxed.

There is no $127 rebate either taxed or not.

I also did the BMW UDE event in October, but BMW never sent me the OL. If I’m able to get it some how, would that stack with the Drive to End Hunger OL?