Current BMW Incentives - Cumulative list

This is a long post and I appreciate your patience, because I won’t be able to afford a Bimmer unless I hack a great deal.

I am looking at leasing a BMW 320i in Atlanta for 24 months/10k miles. I am trying to determine the incentives available and have compiled the data from MANY posts, as well as from Edmunds, BMW USA and local dealer sites.

I’m assuming that in negotiating, I’ll negotiate a sales price (hopefully 15-20%) off MSRP, and then all of these credits will then be subtracted from that sales price to determine the Cap Cost.

I used @BMW_Dave’s current spreadsheet BMW New Car Programs (and Retired Loaners with < 5k miles) - UPDATED 5/8/2019 - #372 by BMW_Dave as a starting point and tried to confirm whether these apply locally.

CASH REBATES:
$3000 Lease Credit

• From Dave’s spreadsheet
  • BMW USA and local dealer shows $3000 as a component of their advertised lease deals as “$3000 lease credit included in payment
  • Edmunds shows this as a lease credit for my area

_Questions: _

• Is this before or after tax?
  • Applicable to demo/loaners (assuming <5k miles)?
  • This is NOT listed in the summary of available offers for a 2018 320i on the local dealer website (see below).

$1000 Loyalty Credit ($750 in GA)
I recently sold my BMW (which was not financed or leased by BMW), so I am assuming I qualify for Loyalty. I also own an Infiniti and an Acura (neither financed/leased), but understand I can’t do a Conquest and a Loyalty.

• $1000 From Dave’s spreadsheet
  • From local dealer, it appears that this is only $750 in my region based on the following:
    *** “Loyalty Offer: $750 Cash Back**
    BMW Loyalty Lease/APR Credit is available for current or former BMW owners/lessees who lease or finance a new eligible MY2017 or MY2018 BMW model from an authorized BMW dealer and contract through BMW Financial Services……Former BMW owner: Customer who sold their BMW Car/SAV within the last 12 months, regardless of financing source (proof of ownership required such as vehicle registration, auto insurance card, vehicle title or DCS Vehicle History)…The following new retail types are eligible: 1-5 Consumer Retail, A-Center Employee, B-Demonstrator Update, and D-Recognition. G-Executive Allowance and J-USAA are eligible for all vehicles except the i3. Retired AMP Vehicles and Demonstrators that have accumulated less than 10,000 miles will qualify when reported to the end consumer during the program period……BMW NA Company Vehicles that have accumulated less than 5,000 miles will qualify when reported to the end consumer during the program period. ….Vehicles previously reported as the following retail types (that meet mileage requirements) are eligible when reported to the end consumer during the program period: 6-Service Loaner, 7-Sales Demo, 8-Specialty Demo, Z-Demonstrator, 9-NA Company Vehicle, E-Mobile Assistance, F-Shuttle and K-Extended Test Drive. -The following new retail types are not eligible: H-Corporate Fleet, I-Daily Rental and L-Limo & Hotel

$500 Corporate Fleet Credit
I believe I qualify for the Corporate Fleet incentive (based on Happy to help with BMW Leases - Corporate Fleet - UPDATED 08/17/2018 - #67 by BMW_Dave
) as a UC Berkeley grad (not employee).

• The local website shows this under manufacturer’s offers as
    Corporate Sales Offer : $500 Cash Back On Select BMW Models
    Corporate Sales Program is open to eligible employees or members of select organizations that have partnered with BMW of North America, LLC for eligible new BMW models. Incentive amounts are subject to change without notice and should be confirmed with your BMW Center at the time of transaction and must be used at time of purchase. People who finance through BMW Financial Services qualify for the incentive. Program runs from January 3, 2018 through January 2, 2019

• Does leasing qualify as “Financing” through BMW Financial Services?
  • Demos/Loaners - ?

$1000 Spring Into Summer Test Drive Event
$1,000 offer valid on eligible vehicles test-driven June 7, 2018 through June 9, 2018 and delivered and retailed June 7, 2018 through August 31, 2018. Eligible models include most new 2017, 2018 and 2019 BMWs, ineligible vehicles include any 2016 BMW, 2017 or 2018 M2 Coupe, 2018 M3 CS, 2019 M5 MINI vehicles and BMW CPO/CPO Elite vehicles. This offer cannot be used for previously ordered or previously delivered vehicles and is only valid on delivery of in-stock vehicles. Offer valid to Q2 Spring Into Summer Test Drive Event participants and their family members residing within the same household. Offer valid on final negotiated price and may be combined with other applicable BMW offers that are available at the time of purchase. It may not be used toward tax, title, destination and delivery charges. Only one redemption code per vehicle may be used. Only valid at participating dealers.

• I believe others have said that this is NOT applicable to demos or loaners, but am unsure about that.

SO FAR IT APPEARS THAT I HAVE $5250 available (I don’t qualify for BMW CCA, military, USAA or college grad):
$3000 Lease Credit
$750 Loyalty
$500 Corporate Fleet
$1000 Test Drive

In addition, the local BMW dealer also shows the following “Manufacturer Offers” for a 2018 320i, and I can’t quite figure them out. These do not include the $3000 Lease credit discussed above: https://www.nalleybmw.com/global-incentives-search/2018-BMW-320i-Sedan-Offers-US2018BMW62ebb67f13e2fd3c5bc96db.htm

• “$2000 Cash Back on Select BMW Models” Offer only valid 5/15/2018 through 1/02/2019

What doesn’t make sense is that the fine print talks about the Corporate Sales program, and is the same fine print used for the $500 Corporate Sales offer listed above!

Corporate Sales Program is open to eligible employees or members of select organizations that have partnered with BMW of North America, LLC for eligible new BMW models. Incentive amounts are subject to change without notice and should be confirmed with your BMW Center at the time of transaction and must be used at time of purchase. People who do not finance through BMW Financial Services qualify for the incentive. Program runs from January 3, 2018 through January 2, 2019.

There is another cash back offer listed as:
“Financing Offer : $2,000 Cash Back On Select BMW Models” Offer only valid 6/01/2018 through 7/02/2018
Does this only apply to loans and not leases? The fine print only says:
Cash only available on vehicles with 9,999 or fewer odometer miles and must be the 1st consumer retail.

Finally, is it possible that this is the “Lease Cash” (although is says $2000 instead of $3000)?

• “Dealer Allowance: $2000 Cash Back on Select BMW Models
    Cash only available on vehicles with 300 or fewer odometer miles. Dealer Contribution cashback may not be available in all areas, to all consumers, or to all dealers. Dealers who participate may not be able to contribute the entire cashback amount. See dealer for details.

MONEY FACTOR:
Standard .00166 confirmed by Edmunds

MSD’s: It is unclear in recent discussion about MSDs coming back whether they are available in Georgia for NEW lease customers. Maybe @AB26 or @Swift can help with this. Bmw enhancements for the month of june

@Jon said that you can can waive the acquisition fee for a .0005 MF increase, but it’s only worth it for cheaper and shorter BMW leases. Is this something that varies locally? At $925, it may be worth it for me.

RESIDUALS:
67% FOR 320i Rwd 24/10 confirmed by Edmunds
If a loaner w/ less than 5000 miles, subtract 500 miles from actual miles and multiply by $0.25 and subtract that amount from the residual value (MSRP x 67%). Correct?

Thanks so much for your help and help keep me from having to lease a Jetta (which would not be the end of the world - I’ve had both).

3 Likes

About combining incentives: on a service loaner you can combine the lease credit and loyalty only. For a new lease, you can combine an OL code (the $1000 test drive code), corporate/fleet (USAA, corporate code, or BMWCCA rebate, only one of these), lease credit, loyalty, and grad (I believe).

BMWCCA is easy to get - $134 gets you a 3 year membership that is immediately usable for the $1000 rebate. Again, not on service loaners. So, $866 instad of a $500 fleet/corporate credit. This is a mail-in rebate and is post-sale, so I wouldn’t mention it in negotiations, just make sure no $500 fleet discount is being applied as well.

What’s your time frame? Reading other posts in the forum, now is not a good time and this is matching my experience - zero dealers have entertained any offer outside of their own pricing over the past month and a half. Out of about 10 dealers, 3 have come out and replied to tell me, the rest stopped replying to my emails, and in all cases I was still in their CRM system and still receive the garbage “just checking in” emails.

I have seen up to 12% off a service loaner, with everything else topping out at 7-8%. Someone else correct me if I’m wrong, but the payment structure has changed and dealers now have ~5% off the MSRP as their profit, and another 5% or more comes as a sort of holdback, but instead of just being a straight amount on the backend, it’s affected by “performance” and a bunch of other factors. BMWNA calls it the Added Value Program and from what I’m reading they hold the holdback hostage and give it as a “bonus” based on sales numbers and customer satisfaction numbers. http://www.autonews.com/article/20180423/RETAIL07/180429946/bmw-eases-dealership-bonus-program

I’m expanding my search to make sure I’m checking with dealers that are in the Circle of Excellence as they should be receiving all of their AVP funds and will hopefully be able to make better deals.

More interesting reads on the subject with a list of COE dealers: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1263826
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1254578&referrerid=86085

Agree, now is not a great time to lease. The incentives from both manufacturer and dealer will increase at year end, when BMW goes into their annual top luxury auto sales number contest with other brands trying to edge each other out. I am waiting out till December to see what leftover X5 is on the lot (I am not picky so any color, engine will do)…

Last time I got a smokin deal was a 2013 end of the year 2nd gen model X5 for $12,500 off MSRP ($63K down to $50K) on a diesel X5 because the 3rd gen was just out. Hoping to do the same this year as the old 2018 model (F15) is going out and the new generation model 2019 (G05) is coming out this fall…

Thanks for the responses @i3thei3 and @4sallypat (I was experiencing Leashackr shame with 200+ views and no responses :flushed:

Unfortunately I need a car within the next few weeks. I had to sell my E39 540i because it wouldn’t pass emissions (and other issues) so I’ve been driving my son’s beater car. He’s home from college and has a job so we’re fighting over it. Plus he’ll be taking it back to college with him in August. Uber fees are slowly adding up to a car payment!

I only have an 8 mile round trip commute on city (potholed) streets right now. Looking for that sweet spot combination of MF, residuals, and incentives is tough. Other considerations are a 2019 Jetta, Cooper S 4 door hardtop, Nissan Rogue, Jeep Compass, Mazda CX-5. 24 year lease rules out Subaru.

Maybe I should buy another beater car for now, but I’m tired of breakdowns and expensive problems - particularly emissions. Not to mention dodging scams and creeps on Craiglist (particularly as a woman).

For that short of a commute, the 330e is another option - it has a $4001 credit as it’s a plug-in hybrid. This gets applied as the lease credit.

https://www.irs.gov/businesses/30d-new-qualified-plug-in-electric-drive-motor-vehicles-bmw-of-north-america

20 or so miles of full electric then gas motor kicks on, or combine both for more power. Basically a plug-in 3 series. BMW includes a 120V charger so charging such a small battery isn’t an issue, likely 4-5 hours from empty on the included charger. There may be some state/utility credits available as well.

If I can’t find an awesome deal my plan is to get a beater until I can and then get rid of the beater.

Keep expanding your search for dealers, and check those that are on that COE list.

1 Like

Good morning!

It was a pretty long read yesterday and I just did not want to stare at my phone screen any longer! (Just kidding)

You should qualify for the MSD program according to information I have received. You are in the region so, there should be no reason why you should be getting push back from a center if you decide to go that route.

All of the rebates are pre tax.

Corporate fleet cannot be combined with loaners though.

The dealer cash back of $2,000 is only available if you are purchasing the vehicle as a cash deal.

Since you come from the E39 series cars that I loved so dearly until BMW changed out the entire “ultimate drive feel” with a soft drive feeling cars of recent (F series), consider the Alfa Stelvio - they lease really well at 24 months / 10K.

Stelvio is a driver’s car - reminds me of my first BMW E53. Not as luxurious as a BMW but the drive will get your attention especially if you want a car that snaps around corners, highest torque and HP for a 4 cylinder.

On lot Stelvios are going for around 20% off MSRP plus $3750 lease credit bringing the monthly lease to around $400 with very little drive off fees.

Stelvios are much more attractive and you will be the only one on the block with a unique car for sure.
The close competition on my list is the Porsche Macan but it leases horribly and they don’t discount much at all…
I am waiting for the 2018.5 Stelvio with Apple CarPlay before I pull the trigger…

Also, If you don’t mind waiting out a bit longer there may be some great incentives coming.

3 series production is ending in Oct/Nov so there will be definitely be an influx of 3 series in the market and rebates and incentives to come with it.

Thanks all for the input. I probably should wait. I’ve been resisting the Stelvio - more than I can afford right now, but by fall I might have a new job :crossed_fingers: My neighbor drove past with a Stelvio the other day and I ran out and accosted him - he let me sit in it.

I guess I’ll find something crappy to drive meanwhile. On NPR on this morning, many are predicting an adjustment in the next year or so, so it is probably wise to not make any big financial commitments.

I thought about the 330e but live in a townhouse with no garage - I’d have to run the plug across the sidewalk. I don’t think the HOA would like that. I have brought up the issue of electric charging to the HOA, and they have a planning committee to address it (townhomes - no garages, only parking in lots in front of units), knowing that it is inevitable that people will need charging.

Unfortunately, Georgia eliminated state tax incentives. :rage:

I live in an apartment and I just leased a 330e, after driving it for about a week and half, the savings are more than plenty.

I can only charge when @ work or when I run into an EV station wherever I am going.

The save battery mode will charge enough to drive electric around the city if you ever encounter any highway driving.

I am averaging a little over 40MPG and only use electric when driving in the city which is rare.

My commute is all highway so, I really take advantage of the electric on the weekends when Im running errands locally.

400 miles and still on the first tank with about 1/4 left.

Lol - sorry. I’m a lawyer. I can’t help it. OCD and all, you know. I probably spent two hours composing and formatting that thing.

You have received some good advice, but I’d like to start more practically - what is your budget that you’re trying to stay within? It sounds like you are in one job now with a relatively short commute, but looking to change jobs that would change your budget and potentially change your commute, right?

This post is giving me anxiety. Feels like I’m reading a loan restructuring document.

A demo BMW 330E would be your best bet.

@28firefighter Exactly. That’s one reason for the short term lease. It is possible that I could end up with a horrendous freeway commute (until I could move). Since insurance on any of these cars is about $150 per month, I really wanted to stay well under $200 for the lease. Anything more than that and I might as well get something “good”.

Of course, since the NA HQ’s of Porsche, MB, and Groupe PSA are now here in Atlanta, I’ve been dreaming of working at one of these… especially Porsche.:star_struck:

LOl @Dany1122 That’s exactly what I’m writing at work right now.

I would suggest that you try and find something used to drive in the interim that would minimize your exposure on the depreciation front until you know what comes next and can get what you want.

At Sub-$200, you’re not even really in the realm of the 3 series.

2 Likes

Agree with @28firefighter…you have a better chance of getting hit by lightning than finding a 3 series at that payment.

2 Likes

And to add, my own “crystal balls” ™ - I think the 300s are going to be the new 200s for BMW loaners for a while. Increasing interest rates, decreasing residuals…