Corona Virus Expectations

Not sure if your joking but the middle class isn’t shrinking.

Middle class is definitely growing in their waist size :joy:

6 Likes

Olympics are held every 4 years.

1 Like

Because no one watches them, many people don’t know that there are also Winter Olympics. :joy:

3 Likes

Then he’s right about 2 years if he didn’t distinguish between Summer/Winter :smirk:

I assume he didn’t, however, going back to the Corona Virus, the POTSUS said it’s going to disappear in warm weather, so I don’t see why Summer Olympics need to be cancelled.

1 Like

Aren’t Summer and Winter on alternating schedules?

I remember as a kid when every four years, the same winter and summer would be wallpapered over. Then they switched so it was summer one year, winter a different (2 years?) later.

We managed to twist an ancient tradition into husks of former Olympic stadiums and athlete villages, sponsored by condom companies. :us:

1 Like

Yep, read my post above.

I saw after posting. My phone woke me (and the dog) up from a dead sleep with its special “:teddy_bear: Trusted Hackr said…” email notification, so I didn’t want to keep you waiting on my empty-calorie opinion.

Alright what actually happened was (in my sleep) I kicked the 95% empty suitcase off the bed, which sounded like a landmine detonated, and just then my phone :iphone::sound::bell::loud_sound::mega:

Back to hibernating. :zzz:

1 Like

I’m joking and never said the middle class was shrinking.

1 Like

Moody’s Investor Service cut its global vehicle sales forecast earlier this week to be down 2.5% in 2020 instead of a 0.9% drop due to the coronavirus.

The virus already has taken its toll on automotive stocks. Both GM and Ford Motor shares are down double digits this year, including roughly 12% declines since last week. Even share of Tesla, which are up 59.7% this year, have fallen 25.9% since Feb. 21.

Happy Saturday. Enjoy your weekend!

Clearly this means 50% off sales are coming to get cars sold quick. 99/mo 3 series and 199/mo 5 series should be ripe for the picking.

I have a lead on a 199/mo Tesla model 3 too.

2 Likes

Disagree. There may be more manufacturer money however out there to dealers to try to meet quarterlies.

If public transport shuts down in cities, demand for cars may go up. Uber/Lyft may also have issues. Once the US actually has the ability to test people, no one knows how many people will test positive.

Yup. Lower sales volume means the average selling price needs to be higher. So unless the manufacturer is kicking in extra money or cars are having birthdays, I would not expect changes on deals. Also, if inventory is limited, dealers are not going to discount as much because where else are you going to buy it.

Maybe we’ll just start walking or riding bicycles more and dump the car culture all together.

1 Like

Cmon now. We live in a country where “all you can eat” is seen as a challenge.

1 Like

A global pandemic may change that as well. I hear people don’t Chinese food anymore, which is the mother of “all you can eat” establishments.

1 Like

I expect better then average tundra sales as oil drops and gas is well under $2/gal everywhere. :rofl:

2 Likes

Or perhaps they will tap into the new car graveyards.