Corona Virus Expectations

We were toying with some other destinations after that trip, including SE Asia, so I figured what the hell.

What the hell, indeed.

1 Like

Yeah, but what about the syphilis, gonorrhea and hpv?

5 Likes

Don’t want to start nuttin, but Tesla owners are probably laughing at you fools with their fancy Bio defense mode.

4 Likes

Let’s leave my sisters out of this.

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

This statement is very wrong for many reasons I don’t have time to get into. I don’t mean to pick on this one case, because I hear it over and over again but it couldn’t be more factually incorrect.

For starters, Corona appears to be much more infectious and for sure much more serious. Most recent numbers I’ve seen say roughly 20% hospitalization and 2% mortality. With the potential to affect billions of people worldwide this could be an absolute game changer. Think Spanish flu of 1918 that killed 50mil worldwide and 1 of 5 living in India

The biggest problems will occur when hospital resources are overwhelmed or in countries with high density populations and poor medical care

1 Like

Of course they developed the vaccine, it is easy when you create the disease- conspiracy theorists.

2 Likes

Hyundai suspended production today at one of its plants when a single worker tested positive. This is a global economic catastrophe unless they get a handle on it quickly.

Geneva canceled the 2020 global auto show

1 Like

I think manufacturers will scale back on the incentives due to supply change disruptions. They either will shutdown or have severe problems getting parts.

2 Likes

Also appears that cases are being severely under-reported, which puts the 20%/2% number into serious question.

Yes the numbers right now are not reliable. But China would not have put a noose around its own economy, quarantined 50 million people, built new hospitals, and welded doors shut with people inside if this wasn’t a very big deal. Bigger than they are letting on

Some brands are already parts constrained. If they have to stop production, inventory drops.

If there is uncertainty, cash is as likely to come OFF the hood as get added to it.

COVID-19 has given every CEO an excuse to pull their earnings guidance and take a left turn.

I think you’re reading too much into this (PS I made trades based on markets being overpriced months ago and COVID several weeks ago when people were flipping $TSLA), that far out. By June it’s 50/50 BAU or Walking Dead. :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

So, the United States then?

*hastily moves to Wyoming

2 Likes

Did Wyoming secede and I missed it?

Sounds like more lease deals then…

Get ready because the dow is going to sink to 4-5 year lows below 20,000!!!

You’re so wrong I don’t have time to tell you how wrong you are?

I call horsefeathers.

:bat:

2 Likes

Yeah I explained a few reasons in my post and used the extreme measures China went to as further proof that the experts don’t think this is “just like the flu.” here is an article linking to some of the only studies done so far.

20% significant morbidity, 5% critical cases, 2% death. Not very good odds all things considered.

In a virus that passes easily from person to person before symptoms are present.

Horse feathers on all the economic impact already going on?? Cancelations are piling up worldwide. I would bet the Olympics will be next.

Your fingers to God’s ears. What a colossal waste of money and resources every 2 years. And clearly since Tokyo DisneyLand and DisneySea closed, that’s next.

2 Likes

Oh man, what are all the low-tax paying corporations and rich people going to do in America when coronavirus impacts and takes out what’s left of the middle class?

1 Like