Continuing conversation on Trusted Hackrs nomination process

I have no problem with your moderating at all, I think you are fine.

Just dislike the false info and double standard.

I don’t care to save screenshots but you can certainly look at you conversation history and pull up said convo and you will see exactly this " we don’t moderate private conversations"

I don’t think any of the TH are inherently bad, some are just better mods than being knowledgeable and vice versa.

Again my point was, cap the mods, add as many th as you want… simple, now we got TH angry at such a change lol.

Probably one of the better suggestions in this thread.

At least worth a shot

Oh, we’ll get plenty of that in this new topic lol

5 Likes

For all those with issues regarding TH’s and/or moderation - you’re doing nothing for yourself or the community by just complaining about it to yourself or within a group.

Please send a PM to the individual or @trusted_hackrs group. We are open ears for any and all criticism or suggestions. Airing vague dirty laundry in public makes no sense and IMO comes off as immature and catty.

We do our best to keep the forum relatively clean and enforce the guidelines/TOS. It’s not a perfect science and we all have bad days or misunderstandings. Or moderating while drinking :laughing:

9 Likes

Sure, but your therapy sessions make you guys think like a group and less like the individuals you are. Each one of you are getting to be TH because your input and unique perspective…don’t lose the perspective.

How about having a vote at the end of a closed tread and let a mistake be corrected immediately. Even if you make it available only for THs it’s still better than nothing…and do it anonymously so you don’t create tension between the members.

Do you really want to hear from the forum right away when you are being a jerk? Create a down vote for the THs that way forum members can let you know right away of what is perceived as not constructive.

On the issue of new members asking to be spoon feed…if you are irked by this just let other forum members help. There are many newer members that are eager to help out and make their voice heard. Post your canned response and move on.

Lastly, an apology to Karl is in order.

1 Like

I think that’s what we’ve been doing.

It’s typically when the OP posts the same question repeatedly, disregards all of the input provided, and/or becomes offended that others are disagreeing with them to the point of attacking/name calling that we shut it down and deem the OP to be unable to be helped (:spoon:). These threads just spin and spin going nowhere and everyone piles on for no reason.

Remember the 2021 Acura TLX thread a few weeks back?? We gave that guy so much sh*t but he took it all in, learned a lot, and ended up with one hell of a deal after a lot of hard work.

2 Likes

Why? I just send a PM to the TH and say something like “You may want to re-open because […]”. In the end it’s up to him/her, we all have our own judgement.

4 Likes

I don’t see the point in publicly calling them out by name. I just felt that it would help to have the outside opinion of someone relatively newer, because I felt some of these things when I first joined. Luckily I have a thick skin and don’t get easily discouraged but I wouldn’t be surprised if several new members had zero interest in returning because of these situations.

That being said I have no problem sending a PM to the founders/mods for their own internal use. I just don’t see the purpose of publicly flogging someone on a forum. I just felt a data point by someone other than a broker or TH’er or veteran would help. So it didn’t look like brokers were being bias or anything of that nature towards a specific individual. Helps to hear these other opinions though

1 Like

I would agree, culture has to change here a bit imo.

It’s not as bad lately but “screaming” bmw on every post that’s asking for constructive criticism on a competitor vehicle is not very productive, astons on porsche threads, tundra on ram/f150/silverado threads, etc etc the list goes on

Also I’m all in for messing around with long time members but bashing newbies is pretty rough, especially if many of them haven’t been on a forum before.

Omg I know it’s like comparing Hellcat HP to every other V8 car out there someone gets on the forum.

Please note I am writing this with a shit eating grin on my face

10 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do this too much, maybe I should take my own advice :grin:.

4 Likes

I’m getting a flashback. Was it the NE one in FL? If not, you can disregard my comment.

This account is 15 months old, 50+ in that time is barely 3 Hellcat threads per month :mirror:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/search?context=topic&context_id=327899&q=%40Lazarus%20hellcat%20order%3Alatest&skip_context=true

This was not a public post, PM thread about the Marketplace.

1 Like

@jananth1 Is definitely the kindest TH. Dude is smooth👍🏼

1 Like

Sounds like this is a second login for @jananth1 ^^^

2 Likes

People seriously have multiple accounts? For what?

2 Likes

Y’all ain’t wrong but put yo vote where yo mouth is:

https://forum.leasehackr.com/t/nominate-trusted-hackrs-for-2021/327805/45?u=dukez

1 Like

Ha! I was joking and saying @Gd1981 was a second login for @jananth1 because of the nice compliment.

Oh my bad :man_facepalming:t2:

Haha that’s the nicest thing anyone’s said about me here. I would have to disagree though, there are lots of great TH who have infinite more patience than me :laughing:

2 Likes