Confused about i4 lease NJ

paradox GIF

1 Like

Lease cash isn’t taxed on EVs, they make you sign a sales tax waiver for that exactly. When I got my Leaf I remember the finance guy praising NJ for the EV sales tax exemption as we were signing a sales tax waiver for $14,175

4 Likes

If they want more money, ask a higher price or bump the MF.

Anyone who wants to pocket a line item called “tax” is a fucking felon.

4 Likes

Most of them play games like this. I am wondering how they sleep at night :thinking::upside_down_face:

You don’t know how much this phrase warms my heart.

1 Like

Some of these dealers in NJ clearly didn’t have the makings of a varsity athlete.

1 Like

So Charge Up NJ told me that rebate isn’t taxable. So I sent that over to the dealer and this was his response -

“ It is not the same for the incentives. Charge Up reduces the price of the vehicle - which already isn’t being taxed.

One is from the manufacturer - which is to be taxed because it’s money you’re getting credit for.”

Think I’m going to just move on from this dealer at this point.

3 Likes

Can’t fix stupid, stubborn, or criminal intent.

1 Like

LOL. Factory support reduces the price of the vehicle too… LOL.
I agree with @max_g can’t fix it.

How much are the taxes incentives affecting your total cost?

It’s $800 but It’s not about how much it affects the price but if I’m not supposed to pay it why would I?

1 Like

Quite right. And the last person you want to buy a car from is someone that stupid or that shady.

1 Like

Taxed at 0%.

I feel like you shouldn’t be having this much difficulty obtaining an i4 with a 0% discount…

2 Likes

This right here. All I want is base MF and the rebates available.

1 Like

I told him I disagreed and would be moving on this was his response

“ Listen I don’t disagree with you but that’s how it’s setup in the system and we’ve done many i4 deals and none of them have been rejected by the state at this point.

I reached out to New Jersey for confirmation but haven’t heard back yet. ”

Who cares what the money factor is, if they want to mark it up let them, but get at least a 5% discount to offset it, worry about the overall discount and total cost.

At what point is your time worth something here? All of this back and fourth with a dealer who clearly just doesn’t know or doesn’t care to do the deal correctly.

Myself and others have offered you 6%+ off, with a lower dealer fee. Don’t ship the car, spend a half a day of your life driving a few hours to save $3k and just get a deal done for you that takes 0 effort and time expended on your part.

5 Likes

But you could do so much better.

Once again, I offered OP 5% off with base MF, but at this point, I’m bowing out from trying to help. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Just wanted to follow-up and thank everyone for their input.

Finally got the tax situation sorted. I just left my local dealership and signed off on my new build eDrive35.

MSRP $54545
$1100 Dealer Contribution
$2000 Charge Up NJ
$7500 Lease Credit
DAS - $3818 ($1500 Down + Fees + First Month)
MF .00185
36/10
$480 Month

BMW i4 e35

3 Likes