Confused about i4 lease NJ

Hi all I’m having a tough time with leasing a new build i4 locally. Based on what’s available in NJ and the data from the dealer I could get right from their website this is what my deal should look like. They told me the MF.

Just to explain the money off that the dealer agreed to -

$1100 dealer contribution per national lease offer
$2000 Charge Up NJ rebate
$7500 per national lease offer

I4 Corrected

Edit Updated the calculator link Had the wrong MSRP ($53545 instead of $53945) not sure when I did that but the monthly changes slightly to $499 but doesn’t change the question of the post. I remember one dealer offered an additional $500 off but had a .00225 MF.

However I explained my number to the dealership and they said with the same discounts MF and residual of 55% they had me at $586 a month.

They asked me how I was getting $492 a month so to be transparent I told them I was using a calculator and gave them all the numbers I was using. I’m waiting on them to get back with an actual breakdown.

What could I be missing? So I know what to look for when/if they send me the actual numbers.

Appreciate any help.

To add I know there probably isn’t much anyone can tell me until I actually see what they are using for numbers.

Is $586 a month zero drive off?

Cause your calculator is showing $492 but 3842 due at signing

Ask if they’re marking up the money factor
Or if they included the rebates in the selling price

This is exactly the reply I got when I have them the numbers.

“ If the charge up rebate goes to the price of the vehicle of $2000 plus the $1100 dealer contribution, $7500 incentive, 55% residual, 36 months at .00205 - you’re looking at $584. ”

Edit - you could be right I just deleted the down payment and rolled the rest in and it’s at $605. Although I noticed I had 54% residual so they must have done it as 36/10 which gave me $591 a month once corrected.

Double Edit - yes they’re marking up the MF .00185 and won’t budge but this is the best one I’ve found in 5 dealers several were at .00225.

How much cash are you personally giving at signing?

MSRP: $53545
Selling price: $52445
Residual: 54% (36/12)
Incentives: $7500 lease cash, $2000 charge up NJ
MF. 0.00205
Fees: $925 acquisition fee, $599 dealer fee, $332 reg

Is that all correct?

Yes it was fees and about $1500 down. The goal is to get it below $500.

edit - a little context. I was aiming for .00185 MF and a broker in NJ that could get percent off and the Charge Up NJ rebate to really get a good deal. However that doesn’t seem to exist. So it turned out it was cheaper to deal direct because an out of state dealer doesn’t qualify for Charge Up NJ and then broker fee and shipping made it about even to a local deal but with more hoops to jump through.

What does this even mean? What is your total DAS??

I was responding to the question endeavorauto asked they had listed out the fees - It would be $1500 + $925 + $599 + $332 + First Month = $3848 DAS per the calculator.

I literally offered OP better than this a week or two ago, but he wanted to pursue the charge-up rebate, despite the fact that I was doing 5% off and base MF…

I think my lowest-MSRP car is somewhere around $54,200, but still:

3 Likes

Yes you did, but you said the cars are in Maine is that correct?

No, they’re in Maryland. Everything is still in transit; nothing is on the ground, but you can lock in a car now or you can order one and lock in the current terms.

2 Likes

Sorry I misremembered the state. My point was between arranging delivery or pick-up plus a broker fee it ends up being pretty close in price point. Unless I’m way off on my math.

Edit I will check again if I’m wrong I’ll reach out.

Okay, good luck.

I changed the price on your calculator to be the MSRP of the build I have above, $53545 which includes the $995 delivery charge. Unless I’m doing something wrong they come out to $2 between the two. Not including broker fee and shipping/delivery fee of the vehicle from Maryland.

Your Offer

Local Offer

What you posted earlier had no discount and an inflated MF. This still has an inflated MF. As I said, best of luck. I tried to help.

2 Likes

The discount is the $1100 dealer contribution to separate it out from the other 2 rebates.

Rather than money down, apply it to MSDs. $562 DAS and $562/mo with $4200 MSDs.

1 Like

Reach out to all dealers in NJ and ask for same deal with base MF. If you don’t want to use a broker looks like this is your only option.

Yea, I’ve gone to 4 so far and it’s been .00225 twice, .00205, and one didn’t say but told me they didn’t have allocations. I will keep checking, This dealer in particular is the closest to me.

If I am mot mistaken we have a few BMW brokers on this forum covering NJ area. Did you reach out to all of them?

I’ll consider this as well thank you.