Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid 2020 for 20k + Tax ( Financed NOT leased)

trying to figure this out. if you finance through chrysler the cash goes from 5750 to 3750, but zero percent for 5 years seems worth it for 2k. even without qualifying for the cvrp and clean vehicle grant seems like a pretty good deal, but tough to stomach missing out on an extra 15%. question is is this a downgrade from an odyssey elite

Here’s the response

1. Did your dealer have any BS Add-ons on the deal? Nitrogen filled tires, etc?
  • Few dealers do but it’s your choice. If they don’t budge, move on a different one. There are better deal in NorCal
  1. Did the dealer honor the advertised discount without the add-ons in #1, and without marking up the interest rate?
  • Interest rate is by Chrysler so dealer doesn’t have any say in it AFAIK. Just focus on dealer discount since the 10k rebate is from Chrysler so basically Dealediscount + Rebate = your final price ( Federal Rebate + other on top)
    Check my incentives on top. Contact the dealers I mentioned above and get their final price. I’ll see where is the discrepancy and will help

Yeah . I prefer to go with the incentive and then refinancing it later. Frankly didn’t ran a lot of numebrs but I don’t think I’ll keep it for more than 2-3 years and will buy a new car by then

Link not working for me. Tried multiple browsers.

This link i found on google worked for me. Chrysler Pacifica

1 Like

Thank you for the info. You are right the Bay Area dealers are much better than SoCal. I am finalizing a deal similar to yours (without the income based CA incentives) in the bay area. Will post the full thing for everyone’s benefit.

A few dealers I was talking to in SoCal were marking up the interest rate to offset their sale price. They also wouldn’t provide numbers over phone/text, so big red flag to begin with.

Thanks for the great information!

1 Like

How does the hybrid federal rebate work. The dealer in houston is clueless. Can u tell us the dealer u bought from or how to replicate this deal!

1 Like

The federal 7,500 is a credit on your tax return.

Am I looking at this wrong or is it 23K after rebates (20k + 3k on credit card)? Either way it’s a killer deal!

1 Like

Here are the details of the deal:

MSRP: 49,130

National Retail Consumer Cash - 2,000
Retail Bonus Cash (20CLA1) - 3,000
CCAP Retail Bonus Cash (20CL6) - 750
Pacifica Conquest Bonus Cash (44CLB2) - 1,000
Chrysler Targeted Direct Mktg (Had to try multiple times with website posting above, also doesn’t stack with the $500 from truecar) - 1,000
CA Clean Fuel - 1,500

Dealer Discount - 5,950

Net Price (Before Fed Tax Credit) - $33,930

Then you get the $7,500 Federal Tax Credit (returned on your taxes),

Net Price (After Fed Tax Credit) - $26,430

The RV on a 2020 lease for this car would be $23,091 (47%), and after making 3 years worth of payments, you end up with about $13,250 remaining (incl taxes) in payments after Year 3…seems like a no-brainer to me.

I don’t qualify for the income based CA incentives like OP, so that should be an additional $6,500, if you can swing it.

I also chose to take the 0% APR financing instead of the $2K up-front, because the interest costs over 5 years are $2,985 (although if you were going to sell in 2-3 years, you’re better off taking the rebate - It’s a $12/mo difference).

Seems like a great deal, especially since this car is a terrible lease. It is still a mini-van, though :slight_smile:

Focus on Bay Area dealers on this one (if you can), because the other dealers I spoke with played games (dealer add-ons, marked up interest rates, etc).

DM me and I can pass along direct contacts.

Good luck, and thanks all for the great information this website provides!

D

7 Likes

Congrats on the new ride! I’m surprised the $4,500 CVAP went through. I emailed the program administrators and they said that a minimum 45 MPG combined was required. Pacifica Hybrid does 30 MPG combined on gasoline and 82 MPGe in EV mode.

1 Like

man i’m so tempted, but is this going to be an FCA turdbox? not like our 19 odyssey has been great with 7 recalls but i’ve read mixed reviews on this. fantastic deal though.

I think it’s 82MPGe combined which meets the criteria.

1 Like

What do you see when you successfully got the in?

I am seeing this: http://chryslerpacificasignup.com/Home/Signup?CampaignID=CVANKULT20%2098

I would spend a bit of time over here

Now to be fair there are more issues with 2017’s and 2018’s but there seem to be more issues with the hybrids than regular Pacifica’s. Look at it this way. There have been so many recalls you will almost end up with 50% of the parts on your van new by the time they are done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Instead of an error screen, it just says thanks for your interest, etc.

I got an email with the code right away.

I ended up going with a 2021 Hybrid Touring purchase in Ohio this past weekend. The 2020 Limiteds are nice, but the 2021 Touring includes all the safety features as standard now, and it looks better and might fare better on resale years down the line since it is the mid-cycle refresh on the bumpers/lights. Cloth was actually more comfortable to us than the leather as well, and we place no value on sunroof in a Limited.

The 2020s in my area are at dealers who think that MSRP is sufficient combined with the employee pricing discount on the 2020s. 2021 doesn’t have EE pricing, so they are more willing to deal. The place I got my 2021 Touring actually had a 2020 Touring with similar spec, but it was actually nearly $2k more than the 2021 we purchased (because of the EE pricing mentality).

• $45,175 MSRP (2021 Touring + S Package + Cold Package + UConnect Theater)
  • $3,300 dealer discount (volume dealer)
  • $6,750 rebates ($2k National Retail 21CM1, $3k Retail Cash 21CMA1, $1k Truecar, $750 Chrysler Capital)
  • $7,500 Federal Tax Incentive that I will plan for accordingly throughout this year and into filing season next spring
  • $27,624 + tax on $41,875(MSRP-Discount)

Financed through Chrysler at a not-so-great interest rate. Will make 3 payments then either pay it off, or refinance with a local option if covid still has interest rates suppressed.

Thanks to all who posted, it certainly helped me understand what to look for!

2 Likes

Does anyone who got the deal in Norcal have any direct contacts? Looking to also jump on before month’s end.

Excellent deal. I was tempted for 2021 too but 2020 was too good to pass. I’ll certainly get another Mini van if this experience goes through,. There’s a big Facebook group

Frankly contact any dealer I mentioned above and you should be able to get the deal. if they send a quote, post it here and we can look at what’s missing