CHEVROLET Suburban 2021

The current lease “deal” that Chevy is offering for a 2021 Suburban requires such a large down payment. Specs: $599/month for 39 months.
$7,499 due at signing.
$0 security deposit.
The dealership I went to asked for me to just “check back later” because that’s “what they are offering” it was as if I couldn’t lease unless I was willing to pay 7.5k down.
Maybe because I was a very pregnant woman walking in and asking and wasn’t taken seriously but I am having my 4th kid. I need this vehicle. Shop around?
PS I am willing to put money down and no I don’t want a minivan.

• won’t let me reply to anything else bc I disagreed and tried defending myself against the chauvinistic bs
1 Like

Find a better dealer. Our local GMC store is offering $4500 off new Yukons. Found a truck I liked more in Arkansas and the guy couldn’t have been more of a jerk when I brought up the local store offering $4500 off. Better Deals are out there, unfortunately it just takes some looking around. If you want a good deal without hassle and are willing to look at GMC I’ve heard great things about Laura GMC

Because of preference? There are plenty of other options that fit 4 kids out there that are not the just released/redesigned suburban/Yukon where deals will likely be hard fought right now. If you search other threads on the new Tahoe/Suburban you will see even brokers don’t have much on inventory for deals for these right now. Have you cross shopped competitors like the Expedition? There are also (IMO) better/more flexible options in the minivan spectrum.

1 Like

If you really need a vehicle of this size, Ford Expedition. Quite a few Chevy places have them at sticker, and don’t go in person unless you’re picking up the car.

Negotiations should be done over email ONLY.

Read these threads.

2 Likes

Don’t step foot in the door of a dealership unless it’s to take delivery of a vehicle you have already negotiated and have a deal in writing for.

3 Likes

My issue is the trunk space. I need to be able to have a decent amount of cargo space and I’m not finding that in other SUVs. I will have 2 littles under 1 and need room for a double stroller and groceries. I have a Ford now Explorer now. I also refuse to join the minivan mom gang :rofl:

You can push that Suburban-sized boulder uphill all day every day but you’re not getting anything approaching a good deal on it any time soon.

You may want to look into Expeditions, VW Atlas, and Honda Odyssey’s etc etc

2 Likes

I cannot do a minivan. I’ve always driven SUVs and it’s what I prefer. My main issue is cargo space. I need captain seats, a 3rd row and cargo room. I have 4 kids in car seats.

Also, keep in mind that advertised dealer specials like this tend to cost more than they appear. I’m betting it’s $599/mo and $7499 due at.signing*

*Tax, title, fees extra

I have a Pacifica with captains, 4 kids in car seats. I’ll be honest I wasn’t a minivan person but it’s extremely easy to load (plus the ability to fold the middle row flat under the floor is amazing). There is plenty of room in the back (remember minivans have much more floor depth than SUVs, which tend to have a high load level). I get the gut reaction but for price and functionality I can’t say any suv comes close for moving kids efficiently.

7 Likes

Also the built in vacuum is a god send with all those snacks…

1 Like

What’s your budget?

1 Like

I don’t want to do any more than $600ish a month MAX.

not happening with any thing is this class (Large Three Row SUV, not a X7 or XC90, like Expedition) except a minivan tbh. Especially if you have negative on your trade or something like that.

Honest opinion, for your budget, look at the Honda Odyssey higher trims, the new Sienna if you can find one, or Pacifica even.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, sometimes our budgets, our requirements, and our wants don’t all align.

6 Likes

Yes but the happy ending here is that she’ll buy a van and realize that she should have been driving a van all along :laughing:

1 Like

I’m not buying a minivan.

2 Likes

The US3 haven’t spent 30 years convincing us the only appropriate family haulers for non-losers are SUVs to have some anonymous keyboard warriors change someone’s mind like that. They want to sell us 65k mid trim Suburban instead of a 45k top trim minivan.

Of course, we also live in a post-factual society so…

4 Likes

You can try finding any remaining 2020s?

I’m not negative in my trade. And I don’t think it’s impossible to get an SUV with a payment in the 600’s.