CHEVROLET Suburban 2021

You can barely get a nice Traverse for $600 a month, I’d forget the Suburban.

Chevy traverse and VW Atlas come to mind as pretty large crossovers that are likely within your budget.

And yes you can certainly get a suv for under 600 a month, just maybe not a full size one.

I didn’t say I wanted to be under $600 I just said in the $600s. My issue is captain seats and cargo space. And I’m only anti minivan bc i feel more comfortable in an SUV. It was my first car and all I’ve ever driven.

I didn’t say SUV, I said specifically the Suburban or Tahoe or something similar like the Ford Expedition/Lincoln Continental.

My point, Ethan is a LARGE volume chevy dealer. He knows Chevy better than 99.9% of the people here.

1 Like

Search remaining 2020s. Might get solid deals on enterprise rental vehicles or used ‘19 too. A family member found a great and well taken care of 2020 suburban in the 40s (historically these cars lease terribly, so financing is your best shot)

Regarding cargo, I’d highly recommend getting a roof rack and cargo box. The box I use adds 21 sq ft, which could help expand your options

1 Like

You’ll be over $1,000 for any decently optioned Suburban

3 Likes

How would I have to pay $1k a month? Maybe if I did 0 down and got a premier. But that’s not what I am looking to do. I have no issue with money down just wanted to see if anyone had luck with negotiating the initial money down.

You seem to be very set on wanting a suburban. I get it cause it’s what I grew up with and we still have them. However, you’re not getting a suburban for $600s a month. That’s not realistic. Look at the traverse, it has captains chair, 3 rows, and cargo space. Same with Atlas. I believe Expeditions lease better so maybe check them out.

1 Like

Even a decently optioned LT will be around $1,000 with drives.

But hell what do I know, I’m just a sales manager at one of the largest volume Chevrolet stores in CA :man_shrugging:

15 Likes

If all your customers are paying $1k a month then congrats to you. Not sure what you’re putting in the water out there.

I think you are talking past each other. She is willing to put money down to “lower” the payment. We don’t calculate leases that way but she may just not understand that.

3 Likes

Yes thank you. I’ve always walked in and paid what ever the “lease special” was. So I was asking if anyone had any experience negotiating that with this vehicle

1 Like

Guys, let it go… just let OP do whatever she wants.

We all know how this will turn out at the end.

3 Likes

Oh boy. If you can stomach the rest of this thread you will save thousands on your next lease.

Stick it out, your bank account will thank you.

1 Like

The lease special is almost always a poor deal. It also is not usually what it appears to be, as they’re almost always tax/fees extra.

1 Like

You’re clearly not receptive to anyone here who most certainly knows leasing better than you. You aren’t getting the car you want for the payment you want. Suburbans/Tahoe’s/Yukon’s/Escalades do not lease well. Many people have said this. You need to look into other options or buy/finance a 2-3 year old Burban.

3 Likes

If you look at the national ad you are referencing you need to estimate about 30 dollars a month for each $1,000 of that $7,500 down payment. So right there you are at $824 a month, and that’s most likely before taxes and DMV fees and we don’t even know what trim we’re talking about. Granted, the national ads usually are nothing to write home about and include minimal, if any dealer contribution. These are hot sellers and are not discounted much, if at all. Perhaps consider a Tahoe if you have Costco and can make that size work? You’ll get an extra $1,000 off sticker before negotiating that way. Either way do your due diligence to find out of you qualify for a supplier program via employment or other affiliation too.

3 Likes

I’m not receptive to those suggesting a minivan. Did you not understand my original ask. I said I was putting money down and wanted to be in the $600s which is exactly what they’re advertising (yes minus fees). I was asking about the negotiation of down payment.

LMAO if you’re insinuating I’m ripping people you’re wayyy off.

On a 67K RST I just sold this was the deal

$3,000 dealer discount
$1,500 rebate

$1,057 incl 7.75%
$1,000 down

It’s not the selling price of the car (although partially is because everyone is sold out in my region) its the mediocre RV and sky high MF.

Learn how leasing works before you hop on a forum and start throwing shade without any knowledge of how the basics of leasing work.

15 Likes

They’d be happy to increase the monthly payment in exchange for a lower due at sale amount.

7 Likes