Wording Emails for the Deal? [How To Negotiate]

Let them know you are shopping pricing from x amount of dealers and whoever gives the best pricing will get a commitment from you today.

“I travel for work and don’t have time, I’m really trying to narrow down the numbers to a dealer that’s aggressive and wants to make a deal” Something along those lines and email at least 5 dealers to start

Tell them no. If they won’t work with you after you say no, find a new dealer.

I generally just ignore those responses. However, last week I went into one of those dealers. They had the largest inventory of the vehicle I was looking for, and I wanted to see color combinations other dealers did not have. After about an hour of looking at cars, we sat down to discuss pricing. The salesman asked what discount I was looking for, and I told him I wanted a $20,000 discount (on a $40,000 car). I then told him the discounts other dealers had offered, and asked if he could beat them. He then asked me to fill out a credit application, which I refused to do. He eventually said he could beat the offers, but that he could not agree on a price until I filled out the credit application. I then left.

That’s totally my line and you’re welcome :grinning:

1 Like

hey guys trying to get a good deal on a Tacoma trd off-road locally! trying to word this email well so the dealer knows i’m serious. this is what the email reads.

hello, i have test driven this vehicle and am very interested in leasing it.
i’ve noticed the stickered price of 39,152; would you be able to do near 11% off msrp, pre-incentive?

additionally, incentives look to be about 2500.
(1750 lease cash)
(250 black Friday cash)
(500 student cash)

money factor also looks to be .00245 through tfs.
i would also be interested in doing msd’s.

my preferred terms would be as follows;

sale price: 11% off msrp
incentives: $2500
money factor: .00245
term: 24/12k
9 msd’s

if we can come to a similar deal i would be willing to move fast. Thank you and i hope to hear back soon!

are my numbers good? and is the email worded alright? thank you!

Who exactly are you emailing at the dealership- The Sales Manager? General Sales Manager?Etc…

Thank You

If they have an internet sales person/department, look for one of those people on their website. Failing that, I will find a specific car I like and put all my questions into the form that pops up when I click “get E price” or “get more info” link. If the dealership is open, you’ll likely get a response within minutes.

Funny you say this. I have been getting more and more tire kickers and ghosts on LeaseHackr these last 5 weeks than ever before.

Someone in this massive equation has improper expectations.

2 Likes

I think you can do better. I think there is some juice left in the pulp. I am gonna wait for next month. The 2020s are coming ya know. I KNOW HOW LEASING WORKS!!!

3 Likes

My first car was a 99 Dodge Stratus - purple. That bad boii almost made it to 80k miles before dying of being an American car.

3 Likes

I think they are bouncing between brokers trying to get the last penny possible. I had a guy ask me for some ridiculous deal on a Toyota last month and I saw him asking you for Similar. You politely told him to pound salt.

3 Likes

People are looking for those unicorn deals that are one in a million. People also need to realize, the market that was a few years ago when lease rates were great don’t really exist now. I’m just looking for something that makes sense for me financially at the moment

It’s all about the fart cars :red_car::dash:

For sure! That wasn’t directed at you based on what you’re looking for.

Just a general comment that people seem to be kicking more tires than usual these last 2 months.

Edit: it’s more people asking 20 questions and then finishing off by asking for another $1000-2000 off a spreadsheet deal. Better to be transparent and upfront about goals.

1 Like

Oh no doubt. I knew what you meant. And I could have said it better too. It’s annoying though when you ask a dealer a question too and get ghosted lol

1 Like

haha yes! Two way street.

Part of it is me being naive and not expecting consumers to treat brokers like dealers. Thinking they may be more excited to work with a one man band as opposed to the big bad dealer.

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Why would that be?? I’ve had poor luck with SoCal Volvo Dealers. Some negotiated a little bit but for the most part have been slow to respond… it takes them literally 24-36 hours to reply to me…I sometimes wonder if my out of state area code makes them think I’m trying to pull quotes to negotiate :man_shrugging:

Some of the socal Volvo dealers are great. Some, not so much.