Cheapest electric commuter?

I’ve got a local dealer offering me a leaf s plus with msrp of 33990. Taxes included with first month due is at $338. This is for 18 mo lease at 10k miles. Rv 88% and mf at .00022. They won’t budge off msrp. Any suggestions on this quote and is there anything else that can be worked out on this? Thanks for input.

Post a link to your best attempt at the LH calculator

They originally said 338 without accounting the ev plates of $100 more than what they included. I’m IL ev plates are 251 whereas the regular ones are at 151.

How about buying used Nissan Leaf? 5-8k for 8-10 years old cars with ~60% battery capacity. Is it better than leasing?

1 Like

No one wants those due to poor range so you should drive a hard bargain.

If you can find a leaf 10 years old with a 60% battery…that’s a car with a new battery. hehe.

1st Gen Leafs really sucked at battery management.

$1200 Changli

Of course he doesn’t add up how much it cost to go through customs…there’s another jalopnik where the buyer goes through the whole hellish process…hehe

$1200, and it looks like a Red Taxi Powerwheels. Costs the same too.

Yes, it was originally $900 and he got it exported and delivered for $300. The calculus changed after the supply chain shipping charges went crazy. I’d still buy one for $1200 when things get back to normal. Great for short trips around town.

Yes! I just leased one of the last 2021 i3’s and I love it. It’s perfect for my needs. Gets about 160 miles per charge. If prices are still crazy in 3 years, I am going to buy it out.

1 Like

Really? Where did you get it from and what was your deal?

I would suggest against it, older models have battery capacity issue and they’re super inflated right now. Either lease a new one at MSRP on a 18 month term or buy it and get the tax credit.

A broker found me one for 309/mo with 2900 down. Not the cheapest deal ever, but I took it. This was last September, and I thought prices were crazy back then…

1 Like

What was the MSRP?

What’s the best phve for a daily commute of <20 miles? I can charge for free in my company. Ford Escape, Hyundai Santa Fe, Prius Prime? I exclude rav4 prime because it’s not available in northern CA now. I prefer SUVs but also include Prius since I like Toyota’s reliability. Another choice is to lease Nissan Leaf.
New EVs like EV6/Mach-e also suit my need, but they seem to have a much lower resale value than phev, for example, kbb said Mach-e has 39% resale value in 5 years.

Jeep Wrangler

definitely a 4xe in the current market, if you hate it you can easily sell it. they’re not for everybody, though.

Can you define what “best” means to you?

2 Likes

Reliable, low cost of ownership.

4XE

Reliable? Not a 4xE /lol