Cheapest electric commuter?

We have a 22 Leaf. Great car if you are transitioning to an EV and still want the physical controls/driving style/driver cluster of an ICE.

The Tesla 3/Y could be too minimalist for some people and even in the least regen/accel mode (Creep/Chill), it drives more like an EV.

The Leaf is a good balance between both, you can do one-pedal driving or have it drive more like an ICE (ie coasting).

They also seem to be more available than the newer EVs.

I’d also pick the Niro EV over the Kona EV just for the slightly bigger size.

1 Like

Indirectly means they’re using the money to make the lease cheaper but you don’t see the rebate on the paperwork and don’t enter it into the calculator.

Post a link to your LH calculator without any $7,500 inputted as an incentive.

1 Like

Got it thanks for the clarification. I’ve attached the link below. There is a local dealer that has few in stock. This one is the S plus with 88% rv and it apparently has the longest range of 226mi. So based on given numbers it comes to 345.

2 Likes

How does that compare to LH broker deals?

I am looking for one too. Will be returning i3 rex in a few weeks, very low miles. Purchasing this car at $28k+tax doesn’t seem like a great option. Do you think rex might hold their value well in coming years?

I doubt they would.

Historically BMWs have almost never been worth their RV.

1 Like

I haven’t seen any deals to compare it to. If it’s in the low 200 I’d be interested to go for it. Either way dealer hasn’t responded to my inquiry.

I am curious why Nissan would specifically promote a (relatively) short term 18-month lease? Given that leasing is essentially “long term rental”, would Nissan not want the renter to “rent for a longer rather than a shorter time?”

Could you please provide some more details on this? What is the “grand total” payment at the start of the lease in order to get the $200 per month payment? And would be great if you can further break it down into 3 components as down payment, total of statutory/government payments (such as tax, title, license etc.) and total of any dealer/seller fees such as lease acquisition fee, document preparation fee etc. Use any CA zip code of your choice.

Is this for the base S trim level? Are SV (with no/minimal additional options) trims also available?

2 Likes

international oil price increase to 140$ or barrel now gas prices will be increased

Did you try clicking on his thread?

Good question but I see local 18 month leases on other Nissans as well. The prices are horrendous, however.

If you can show these ‘horrendous prices’ then we can understand.

The Frontier 4x4 is incredible.
The Leaf was pretty good.

The worst part of these for say CA? Tax Title License is running about $120 of the payment per month! So a $200 leaf is really an $80 /month leaf plus all the government fees. So if you really think $80/month is too much for a leaf…well you might not want lease it ever.

Here’s one.

2021 Nissan kicks sr fwd.

$389/month for 18 months, 10k/year.

$5999 cash down.

That’s $700/month for a $27k sales price car, per add.

Something fishy about that…considering it’s a 20k car.
And according to Edmunds there is no 18m offered on the Kicks as of last month

If the numbers below are correct, a 24 month is $450 with $0 DAS

That doesn’t sound right.

My bad.

Kicks is 36 month lease. $500+ for a kicks is still horrendous by my standards but not $700+ :slight_smile:

18 was for the Murano. $900/month since the payments there don’t include $2k tax tag title https://www.hoseltonnissan.com/new-nissan-lease-and-finance-offers-east-rochester-ny/

It’s a Typo, click on the car itself.
The Murano looks accurate though.

1 Like

It’s not $200 effective nor $200/mo with $0 DAS.

The most likely reason is to replenish the flow of off-lease vehicles that should be coming due in 2023-2024 that either were bought-out, sold to third parties before they changed their policy, or just weren’t built/leased earlier because of shortages. E.g. if 25k Nissans typically come back as lease returns each quarter, and you realize that number is 5k or less starting next year, you find a way to replenish that stream of used Nissans for your already pissed-off dealerships. If the case of the Leaf, they could stand to move more metal (and get the tax credit on each one), for the Frontier it’s a new body style, so getting used one to your dealers to CPO in less than 2 years is good business.

It could also be that they are taking advantage of the high used car values to put more of these in customer’s hands, subvening the RV will do that.

The why doesn’t really matter though, the programs are legit. If the take-rate is higher than planned, these programs will go away. If not, they’ll continue. I wouldn’t plan on them being like this indefinitely, but for now they’re here.

4 Likes