Cheap Kia Stingers are on the way

Looks promising

2 Likes

Now we need to leashack it. Given the 25% off MSRP. However RV and MF still suck :frowning:

1 Like

I wonder if you can get those big discounts on higher trims. The article only shows discounts on the 2.0T models

25% off before incentives – Also the G70 is here

Exactly, with current rates, you’d need a 50% discount to be anywhere near the 1% rule.

Haven’t seen one for sale anywhere. And there is some turbo lag on actual delivery dates.

GT2’s are listed for the $15k off Msrp on CarGurus

Any examples, Dany? GT2 AWD?

GT2 AWD. $40,067OTD last night for me. RV and MF aren’t good, but I was very close to the 1% rule with $1,500 down. I don’t know, nor do I care how they structured the deal. .00203MF and 50% RV on the car

What is your monthly?

I was just quoted $394 with a true sign and drive on a Kia Stinger Premium 2.0T $38k MSRP. Countered with $333 per mo sign and drive…which is 1% on their sale price of $33k on that car. I’ll report back when I hear from them.

1 Like

Haven’t bought it yet I’m still working them down and might have it by Saturday evening, here’s what I have so far on a GT AWD in Illinois 3yrs/12k miles.

MSRP 44,050
Total Off Including discounts and lease incentives 10,000
Registration and doc fees 400
Trade 0
Aquisition fee 900 I’m guessing
Residual Value 50%
MF not sure?
First payment 1,300
Monthy 559

First time I’ve ever leased and I’m just trying to shoot for the 1% rule. A lot of car dealers around so I’m pitting them against the Giulia, 3 series, and A4. I don’t need to buy a car unless that deal is good by Saturday.

The way Kia (and now Hyundai too) structures the leases makes these cars great lease to buy options. Kia/Hyundai for some reason charge crazy high MF with no option to MSD and RVs are generally low (or perhaps conservatively realistic) so to make the leases mildly reasonable they throw in huge lease cashes. As far as I know they usually have no penalty for early payoff so it makes a ton of sense to cough up the $650 acquisition fee to grab the $7k-$8k lease cash. Hell, I would even tell the dealer to mark up the MF if they give me more discount off MSRP…

6 Likes

Does anyone know that 25% off is only for the base model or does that include the premium trim as well?

Hows reliability though?-- the elephant in the room

Mechanically, it’s been phenomenal. The paint is a different issue. Have my car in for a full body re spray due to poor paint process. That’s it though for the 3.3T.

The 2.0T had some fuel pumps replaced under warranty.

I think that elephant is in your head. https://www.consumerreports.org/car-reliability-owner-satisfaction/car-brands-reliability-how-they-stack-up/

1 Like

Impressive Kia is number 3

Highly recommend against leasing, though. Bad RV and high money factor really hurt it’s leasing prospects. Better financed.

Sure, leasing sucks. But lease, then buy out (with cash?) after 1-2 months is a much better deal than just straight buying.

1 Like