Cars that you had…..that you wish you never got rid of

Another 240!

4 Likes

I can’t say that I want it back, but this was the first car I really, truly enjoyed, every time I drove it.

(posing here for its for-sale ad.)

3 Likes

This is my favorite merc bodystyle. An E55 AMG from this era makes me wet

You can just make that kind of sh*t up!

1 Like

Not even before prices jumped you were getting a c5z06 with 100k for 8k :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I liked the older body. This was my 99 e55. Had to search emails to find pictures sold it for 7k. Had a c43 before this one.

3 Likes

Are those after market wheels? I dig the propeller look, though I do not recall seeing them that often, if ever.

1 Like

Yeah they’re lorinsers. I remember the guy that sold me the car said they were like 3-4k back then

2 Likes

Found a replica.

Lorsiner style 804

1 Like

I don’t have a picture of it but I convinced my dad to buy an ‘08 odyssey with 180,000 miles in 2015 for $2,500. It was the extra “family car” that my sister, my dad, and I all drove. We put over 50k miles on it. Most of the cars here are exotics/fun cars, but this car was my favorite daily driver. We did road trips, hauled 4x8 sheets of styrofoam in it, moved my ex/girlfriends family with it. We decided not to fix it in January 2020 because of a $700 wheel bearing. It burned oil, but we just added a quart every few months. If that wheel bearing had gone bad a few months later we would have fixed it and we’d probably still be driving it. The only car I’ve enjoyed as much has been my 4xe.

1 Like

Maybe “wish you never got rid of” is too strong of a statement, however- there was always something about the looks of this 2008 Saturn Astra hatchback I purchased.

2 Likes

Just this one … maybe the 392 … nah

8 Likes

1983 911, amazing shape, low miles.

I sold it for $25K in 2011 which at the time I thought was all the money in the world for it. Today it would be worth $70-80K. Oh well, win some lose some.

2 Likes

2016 GTI SE
leased for $250/mo and had a $18k residual. Prices were on par with that but I thought it’d take the route of the GTIs before it and be worthless in a few years. No one knew what would happen to the car market 2 years after. I knew nothing about leasing and turned it in (gasp). It was in two accidents and had some shotty bodywork so not an entirely stupid move. But every time I see a white mk7- I let out a big sigh.
I got the euro taillights and euro power folding mirrors; it was a dream.

5 Likes

Nice official spot for Bimmerfest ED post.

2 Likes

What color is that?

Z4 -Deep Sea Blue
Ah3 Imperial Blue Metallic

1 Like

Someone left a note on the windshield I wanna buy it
Called him offered me 3k for it
I took it
I’m sad tho :frowning:

5 Likes

I did not have this car, but for me the Chevrolet Camaro has always been a dream. Ever since I saw this machine on auction on wheels, I want to become the owner of this model. But after watching the series Stranger Things, I fell in love again and really want to drive this beauty. Although after such popularity I’m afraid to think how much it will cost.

I see your last post was 10 months ago. Around that time, people here were getting camaro’s with a v8 for 250-400 a month on a lease. The chance was there!