California CVRP Rebate is back! ($1,000 - $4,500)

How many rebates am I eligible for? I did this rebate some 2 years ago for i3 and another one some 5-6 years ago. Do I (or my wife) qualify for another one?

https://cleanvehiclerebate.org/eng/eligibility-guideline

Scroll down to Rebate Limit

If that doesn’t answer your question, contact CARB and ask them (or apply and see if you are approved)

i bought a model 3 in june, and im about to order another one wondering the same thing do i use my wifes name for this next one

edit: seems like one per person

That’s how I did it, my name on 1,2 and my wifes on the 3,4. Got 4 rebates (Back when you could get 2) Now it’s only 1 EV and 1 Hydrogen.

2 Likes

both our names were on the first one we just did (the title)
but submitted the cvrp under my name

i assume just submit it under her name this time?

Rebate Limit

Individual and business applicants are not eligible to receive more than one CVRP rebate either via direct purchase and/or lease as of December 3, 2019. Applicants who have not already met their rebate limit prior to December 3, 2019, will be eligible for one additional rebate. Those that have already met their two-rebate limit will remain ineligible for an additional rebate. Individuals or businesses that have met the rebate limit with non-fuel cell vehicles may apply for one additional rebate for an eligible fuel cell vehicle. This fuel cell vehicle exception does not apply to Rebate Now applications.

Sounds like if you have received zero or one rebate by Dec. 2, 2019, you are still eligible for another one. If you have already received two rebates by Dec. 2, 2019, you are no longer eligible for CVRP rebatse.

I would try, can’t hurt if it doesn’t work. But would hurt (if you didn’t submit) and it paid out.

If you don’t submit, you would not know if it would pay out and would not hurt.

My 2nd i3 is going back to BMWFS in a few months. Really like the car so I’m thinking whether it makes sense to purchase one before it’s completely gone.

It seems that the $11,000 PenFed bonus cash is not compatible with $3k loyalty cash bonus since the former needs to be financed with PenFed while the later needs to be financed with BMWFS?

Says ‘MAY’ on the financing terms for the 3k… Versus MUST on some of the others.

I may have exhausted my 2 rebates. Thanks for this tip. Are we sure this will work even now?

Can you please guide us what this penfed bonus is. Is anyone eligible for this ? That’s a YUUGe number!

Only for members longer than 6 months. Penfed.org

So far no one has posted that it hasn’t.

1 Like

Thanks. So if I become a member today there’s a good chance I could be eligible for 11k after 6 months? Is it that simple!

If the programs haven’t changed. A lot can happen in 6 months, especially in a new calendar year.

$11k is (was?) only on the i3, which has ended production. Last I looked there were 13 for sale in the US but YMMV

As discussed in other threads, PenFed is worth joining just for occasions like this, even if you never end up benefiting from it.

1 Like

That’s sad, would love to get another one myself. I had no idea that i3 is ending production.

I assume penfed is free to join, irrespective of which state you live in?

You’re going to want to read the thread I shared above.

Just got this update:

Effective February 24, 2022, the following eligibility requirements will be changing

• Income Cap Requirements:

• $200,000 for joint filers (currently $300,000)
    • $175,000 for head of household (currently $204,000)
    • $135,000 for single filers (currently $150,000)
  • MSRP cap of $45,000 for all smaller vehicle classes (compact cars, large cars, midsize cars, mini-compact, subcompact cars, two seaters, midsize station wagons, and small station wagons). Effective February 24, 2022 the following vehicles will no longer be eligible for CVRP:

• BMW i3s, BMW i3 REX and the BMW i3s REX
    • Polestar 2
  • MSRP cap of $60,000 for all other vehicle classes (small/standard pickup trucks, small/standard SUVs, minivans, and passenger type vans)

• NOTE : All applications need to be submitted within 90 days of purchase or lease date.

2 Likes

Wow - makes it much harder!

Model 3 doesn’t make the cut it appears too?