Calculator Fee Options

Yeah, looks like dealer fees were taxed, but hard to say exactly because there was also local retail tax and I don’t know how much it was. No idea how my numbers matched dealer’s :thinking:

I’m noticing the Zero DAS price is coming out the same as the first payment DAS price.

Just a note.

If you hit zero das vs capitalizing the tax to reflect just the first payment due its $569 in both cases.

1 Like

Just fixed it. Thanks for the catch. See if it matches now?

1 Like

@littleviolette This is what I was trying to explain yesterday, but I wasn’t as clear.

The button works now, but the calculation is wrong, it appears to be almost double. I have a calc that has 388/mo with 388 1st month due at signing only, and then when you hit the button it rolls in the first month but somehow the payment becomes 410 instead of the 399 it should be.

@IAC_Scott can you explain your formula please?

@littleviolette Did something break/change on the calculator? I made this post with Calc link couple days ago, and now the same calc shows a completely different payment at 0 DAS.

We did make some changes but there was an error.

It should match with your original figure now.

Whatever you did fixed it @littleviolette

1 Like

Just noticed this message on the main LH page. Should it be removed now?

2021-01-21: We are conducting routine maintenance for the forum. You may experience periodic interruption of the service. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Is there a changelog of what changes were made? Zero DAS always used to save money over the term of the lease vs putting some DAS but now it’s the complete opposite. My calc shows I’d be spending about $100 extra over the term of the lease if I were to do zero DAS.

I read the thread and there were some suggestions over how dealer fees etc were taxed but I’m not sure if that should result in the behavior above.

Zero drive-off should increase your overall lease payment, not decrease it?

Are you referring to the monthly here or the total lease cost? In my post I meant to say the total lease cost over three years used to be lower when selecting zero DAS up until couple days ago but now zero DAS costs more for the same period.

Both. When you do zero drive-off, you are capitalizing the first month payment and all upfront fees. That would drive up both the monthly payment and the total lease cost.

What is your state’s tax treatment?

I agree that it would drive up the monthly but before today, the total lease cost was brought down by doing zero DAS. Whereas now the total lease cost also goes up. Maybe the calculator was wrong before, just something I noticed today which was different from the behavior before.

I’m in WA and my county tax is 10% on monthly payment.

We actually didn’t change the equations for zero drive-off in states that tax monthly payment. There was a bug for one day but we quickly fixed it as our community was quick to discover it.

Strange that it was lower before. Zero drive-off should always drive up the cost.

It looks like Nissan’s MSD program has changed from .00004 per MSD with a max of 5 to .00010 per MSD with a max of 9.

1 Like

Thank you for letting us know!

@aronchi @AutoCompanion @AutoNinjas Can you confirm please? We will update the calculator accordingly.

BMW one pay is now 60bps (.00060) reduction under 36mos and 70bps (.00070) for 36mos and over.

MSD are 6bps per for a max of 42 (.00042)

1 Like

The 9 at. 00010 only applies on a one pay. The previous numbers still apply for a monthly lease.

1 Like

Here is the documentation from nmac

2 Likes