Deal check custom order 2021 X3 M40i - 9% off MSRP

Been reaching out to dealers in WA, OR and CA with 10.5% off pre incentives at base MF offer for a custom build X3 M40i, which seemed to be an aggressive but still doable based on my research here and on bimmerpost X3 pricing threads.

I understand I missed the boat on end of year deals but I’m curious to hear if others have any opinions on whether my current best deal, which is at 9% off at base MF is good or if I should wait it out till later in the month and try and push for 10.5? I get that no one has a crystal ball, just trying to get opinions is all.

MSRP: $64445
Selling Price : $58645 (9% before any incentives)
$Rebate: $3000 ( Lease cash , loyalty, penfed)
Residual: 56%
MF : 0.00086
DAS: 0
Monthly: $776 after taxes
Lease terms - 36 months and 10,000 miles/year

Calc link

Not planning to do MSDs at the moment since the returns were ~20% for three years and I believe I should be able to do better in the market with my money. Also makes transfers easier if I want to go down that route. Will also be paying additional $600-$800 in shipping.

I’m close to signing on a deal that’s 10% off pre incentives and base MF on a custom order for sub $64k X3 M40i. I’ve done my research, and I know it’s a good deal in terms of the discount, especially given that we’re in January, after the crazy Dec blowouts at 11-12%.

I can’t help but feel it’s way too much money for an X3. I’ve been looking to get into something performance oriented after driving a unicorn-ish $200 3 series for couple years. I know we’re at the mercy of the current programs from BMW, which are awful to say the least when compared to even mid 2020.

Mostly curious to know what others think and if there’s a better vehicle for $700 a month that’s performance oriented and still somewhat value for money or do I need to pay to play with baby Ms or 53 AMGs of the world. Camaro LT1s are not a valid option here :slight_smile: since I need a 4 door vehicle.

Edit : This payment is after 10% tax at 0 DAS.

Hilarious that you need to qualify this now.

Yeah man I knew atleast one person would say a sub $300 Camaro is great value for money for that kind of performance. Which it truly is without a doubt. If I was married it would totally be my second car.

1 Like

Have you looked what else has been going for $700ish this month? Seems like a lot for a non-M but I’m not sure what’s good this month besides the Camaro.

A C43 or M340i would be in the low 600’s I would think.

Yeah I’m on this site multiple times a day and have been for the past couple years. For whatever reason I don’t see anything outside of a Camaro which would qualify as performance-ish and still have decent deals.

This one is a baby M with a lot of demand, which is why the programs and discounts are what they are I guess.

I think both of those would be sub $650ish at 0 DAS and tax included. Maybe I should clarify that in my post.

Might help to post all of the numbers of your offer and link to it in the calculator so others can look at it.

I 2nd the M340i. Better performance than the X3, still has 4 doors, and cheaper with the higher residual and better loyalty incentive.

The RV is higher by 2% on the m340 but the rebates (w lease cash and loyalty) are $500 worse on the m340.

It’s really closer to a 1.2% difference when you take both of those into account

@OP-When you built the car, the programs were the same as what they are now, no? Minus the slight slight increase in MF, but you locked in the .00082. Why’d you order it lol

1 Like

My bad, you’re right. I was looking at the wrong 3 series for rebates.

From an optics perspective $700 for an X3 may seem “high” but you’re doing true $0 DAS and have a whopper 10% tax included.

With 10% pre-incentive discount and base MF, the core of this deal is solid.

It’s easy to say you can get this car or that car for cheaper but just make sure you’re comparing apples to apples.

This exact same $700 X3 deal will become much “cheaper” if you add in $3k DAS for 1st month/fees, $5k MSDs, and remove tax with is the way most all deals are advertised on here.

3 Likes

Programs are the same but the discounts aren’t. Also, I didn’t lock the 0.00082 because I started looking for a deal after Jan 4th. I haven’t closed on the deal yet so no order has been put in. I remember looking at your marketplace thread in Dec with 12% off in stock X3 M40is, those were sweet.

Gotttt it

If you’re able to sign at 10% off pre rebates w base, it’s going to be hard to beat that.

That’s really the target I would expect. Sounds extra good in a tough market like WA.

Yeah you’re right, I typically like 0 DAS structures and besides, it saves me $60 or so over the course of the lease. I’ll take what I can get hah.

This deal is from a CA dealer because WA dealers are notoriously difficult to work with. Have to go out of state to get anything remotely competitive here.

It is.

10 characters

Tempted to mark this as the solution :slight_smile: Programs are awful so and there’s nothing performance oriented at a better price point so I would have to bite the bullet and pay to play I guess.

Programs are terrible in general. Saw someone on this forum paying $700 for a 4-cylinder sedan.

Keep scouring shared deals and Marketplace to see if anything else pops up