I got 99 problems and a Frontier ain’t one. (A new year’s guide to a transitory lease in a car you probably don’t want)

In case anyone isn’t in the know. If you’re using safari you can send the page to yourself as a PDF for quick reference.

1 Like

Is it 0.00004 or 0.00010 per MSD? I’ve been able to get two different dealers quote one pay plus MSDs, but one was 0.00004 and the other was 0.00010 per MSD. Both of them allowed a max of 9 MSDs.

Ideally I’d just take the 0.00010 and move on but that dealer is not budging off MSRP. Also wouldn’t want to get into a situation where the 0.00010 per MSD gets rejected by NMAC and we have to redo the contract.

Here is the clause in my contract that covers GAP. They don’t specifically reference GAP, but in the event of the vehicle being stolen or total loss, it’s covered as long as proper insurance obligations are met.

1 Like

I believe this is correct…but am
hoping to 100% confirm on Monday. The one pay plus 9 msds MF I think is 0.00196. Weve had at least one member here state this (and Ive found it a few other places online as well).

Of the century?

This would even beat the Taco bonanzas of 2019.

I can confirm that this is the case. 9 MSD’s, .0001 each, final MF is .00196. The dealer actually had me re-docusign the contract yesterday because they didn’t round up the security deposit. They were $300 each. I believe they need to rounded to the nearest $50 increment.

2 Likes

Thank you for confirming this, this is exceedingly helpful.

It looks like for your security deposits they used the 0.00196 MF payment?

1 Like

No, they used the .00286 payment.

I guess my math is off, so I’ll have to figure out how the payment could be sub 300 at 0.00286…Im guessing there was some CCR down in there (fees, etc) that made the “monthly payment” on the single pay sub $300 effectively.

Did they show the dealer fee and taxes, etc as “cash due”? They might have done something like that (to make the single pay payment appear smaller per month when amortized out), when then reduces the MSD amount?

The ‘payment’ does not include the non-residualized charges (acq. fee, doc fee, DMV fees). So basically base rent plus taxes divided by 18.

1 Like

Got it…so they showed those items as basically cash up front so to speak. Thank you…this helps.

@spockvr6, any luck yet???

Pending… :slight_smile:

Hoping for a positive outcome tomorrow…Ill report back when/if all goes as planned.

1 Like

I have only one found dealer that is ever willing to do a one pay. They’re at 2.10% off on a 48xxx MSRP nets me a one pay of $61xx. Pretty vanilla deal.

Id grab it…that sounds great to me.

Ask them if they will do 9 MSDs on top of the one pay and youll be quite surprised at the outcome I think. It can be done for sure. @blschaefer1 has already paved the way!

More on my end tomorrow…

What region?

Compare to what?:joy:
I got last months a base SV trip at $370pm or $6,6k over 18 months because I totally didn’t think of OnePay and MSDs😀

So it’s ok to be vanilla getting a $320pm for $47k truck my view

Arnold agrees.
Proud Classic Tv GIF by Sony Pictures Television

Seriously though…we get so jaded here (I am guilty as charged) that we miss the rays of leasing light like this that are out there in the otherwise dark leasing landscape. That equivalent one pay is better than 99.99% of the Frontier buyers out there have gotten. I know this is true…I live in FL and you should see what they are getting down here. It almost as though the average buyer is not aware of the internet.

2 Likes