Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Refundable?

Dunno, but it is refundable in VA.

Thatā€™s a lot of cash tied up for potentially a year or more.

Yeah, thatā€™s why I got away with $100 only.

I may have to move my 2nd order over to Lindsay. Iā€™d just hate to have all my eggs in one basket.

Very pretty car. Hopefully this is a step in the right direction for Cadillac.

https://www.edmunds.com/amp/car-news/cadillac-lyriq-sticks-to-60k-starting-price.html

good news. Theyā€™re taking $100 deposits for 2024 models which will cost more.

Thx for the tip, I couldnā€™t resist so put in a $100 deposit for the 2024 model.

Given the $4k price difference and being in California, I went with the RWD. What do folks think of the RWD versus AWD for the Lyriq. Iā€™m also thinking that RWD may be available sooner.

Also, Iā€™m in SoCal and had no idea what dealer to pick so randomly picked one. Hope I didnā€™t mess up and get stuck with a corrupt one. Any recommended SoCal Cadillac dealers with good volume and pricing?

Dual motor vs single motor

More traction vs less traction

More power vs less power

Less range vs more range

AWD: Slightly smaller charging capacity, towing capable, missing digital rear view camera, and missing foot operated rear gate

RWD: first deliveries this year, probably the bulk of the earliest deliveries in the 2024 model year too. Reviews came out today on the RWD press cars and theyā€™re all very positive

1 Like

Make sure you get in writing the dealer that has your deposit will honor MSRP. But if not these deposits I believe are transferrable.

1 Like

In case helpful to anyone, I found this list of the top 50 Cadillac dealers for 2021

7 of 10 top dealers are in TX. In CA, there is: Beverly Hills (#7), West Covina (#24), Tustin (#27), and Torrance (#30).

:sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Hell yea id sign it. Then also flip it a week later.

Good thing I signed an NDA so I donā€™t have to tell the next buyer either.

7 Likes

I assume the NDA will need some modificationā€¦
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a40656852/cadillac-lyriq-ev-rebate-study/

What dealer did you go with?

Spotted in New Hampshire

14 Likes

wow thats pretty sharp.

With this new bill will lyriq be qualified for the tax credits?

Depends if battery pack qualifies under 40% minerals minimum(highly unlikely) and 50% component minimum(maybe). Each minimum is $3750 of the $7500 credit.

1 Like

Unclear if it will be classified as an suv or a station wagon. If station wagon, itā€™s priced to high to qualify.