Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

And income limits…

Thats not unique to the lyriq though

Almost anything that is not a sedan is considered an SUV, it seems.

The whole “is it a station wagon” is actually an issue that a lot of groups have been diving into regardling if the lyriq will qualify for a credit or not.

Even Outback is called SUV.

Outback may be, but stuff like the mach e is consideref a station wagon and not an suv by the gov.

Outback is a wagon for me. Forester is a small SUV. Isn’t Lyriq bigger/taller than Mach-e?

Why isn’t GM doing any of proactive steps to protect EV deduction for the Lyriq? Haven’t heard anything on that, unlike Rivian and Lucid reservation holders.

GM doesnt have any ccredits they currently qualify for to lock in

1 Like

As a more extreme example, the Rolls Royce Cullinan is also considered a wagon and not an suv.

1 Like

No way :confused:

Epa rules are weird

Mach e is an suv since 22 model year. Not worried about the lyriq

1 Like

2023 Lyriq is listed on fueleconomy-gov as a SUV. Has possibility to qualify for component minimum portion($3750).

So 2024 model will be delivered in 24 or 23 spring.
Any price protection or we be on the mercy of the dealership. I am not a fan of Cadillac but with $7500 EV credit its very tempting. Plus where the Battery built what materials used where they were mined will decide the full benefit of 7500 credit.

I wish one can build the car online not through a dealership. They so full of Bull…

It’s going to be a slaughter if the Lightning is any kind of indicator.

Glad to see they are building the Lyriq in the former Saturn factory.

1 Like

And so it begins “ As of now Our intention is to charge MSRP.” from the dealer I ordered from. Time to find one to put it in writing. (Which I thought I had but couldn’t find)

Worth checking your email threads now for sure.

Update was able to press them with the threat of moving it to commit in writing. Glad I looked.

1 Like

Just be prepared. An email confirmation is not legally binding and once the unit hits their lot, they can still pull the rug.