Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

I’m thinking of same thing as you and place another order, this time for a RWD and see what happens.

On the 19th I pre-ordered, selected a local dealership, paid the $100, and received my confirmation

I had thought that with the pre-order, that at some point the dealership would call for me to configure it with the color and options I wanted then the dealership places the actual order.

Yesterday I called the dealership just to see when the next steps would be and I was told that I don’t configure it at any point and by placing a reservation, I would simply be placed on their “list of leads” for when the Lyriq’s arrive.

Before I call Cadillac, does anyone have any insight on the process and whether the dealership is correct or not? If the dealership is correct, then it seems I basically paid $100 to be placed on a contact list.

1 Like

Did you get your preorder in before they sold out of 2023 model?
If so, you definitely should get a follow up call to choose colors and confirm your order.

1 Like

What’s the deal with the slower charging of the AWD model?

I saw someone say that it was a spacing issue but not sure how credible that is

my local guy told me they’d call at some point to confirm color and options. they have to call at some point otherwise how would caddy know which one you wanted?

It depends if you placed your order before they sold out of the pre-orders around 1:30 PM Eastern or if you went on the wait list.

If you got a pre-order placed in time then that dealer should be contacting you to complete the below options form.

LYRIQ Pre-Order Program Version 2 (2).pdf (425.4 KB)

First there was the early pre-order invitations that went out May 18th
Then public access to pre-orders on May 19th, but they “sold out” 2023 same day.
Then they switched to a wait-list system (around 1:30PM as mentioned above).

A pre-order via the website does need to be verified by the dealer.
If your pre-order was not verified, I would think you are at best on the wait list.

Thanks. I pre-ordered at 9:04a.m. And received a confirmation code and paid the $100. I called another dealer who said I can switch to that dealership and come down to configure it.

I also found a video on YouTube where a Cadillac dealer shares the entire order process on their computer screen with all of the specs. It looks pretty loaded.

1 Like

I placed my pre-order at 9:15am ET on 5/19 and got a confirmation email with a pre-order ID# at 9:48AM on same day. The assigned dealer hasn’t reached out to me to configure my order, I’ll give them another week. It’s good to know that I can move my pre-order to another dealer if this one doesn’t work out.

Thanks for sharing the video, it was very helpful. Both trims are pretty well optioned out. You can max out the options on the AWD for around $67K. If one can get this in the mid-to-high $50s all in (dealers discounts and tax incentives) it would be a really compelling value proposition. If the Fed were to offer an EV tax incentive on this, the wait list will triple.

I didn’t know anything about the LYRIQ before seeing it here. The more I read about it, the more I like it.

GM doesn’t have any Federal tax rebates left but some states do offer incentives.

I realize that. There’s talk that they may try to reincarnate the EV tax credit that was in the BBB plan. Who knows, the AWD model won’t be delivered until 2023 so there’s plenty of time for this to play out.

That ship has sailed. Manchin was worried about the rising inflation in Q4 2021, the reason he killed the bill. He certainly isn’t going along now. He just called EV tax credit “ludicrous” in a senate hearing the other week. Inflation is worse and we keep sending 10’s of Billions to Ukraine. Elections are coming as well. Anything in BBB is done-zo.

2 Likes

Does anyone know of a Cadillac dealership in Southern California that will commit to MSRP and not charging any markups on the Lyriq? Probably wishful thinking.

I’ll let you know when pigs fly

I confirmed with my dealer on my build preference - AWD, Metallic White with Black Interior. They agreed on MSRP with no Dealer Adjustments or options. Their doc fee is $899 though but that’s par for the course here in Northern VA. All things considered, if I can get it for MSRP + $899, tax, tag and title - I would be ecstatic.

Moore? I got MSRP also. But will see when the time comes.

Lindsay. My 2nd order is with Moore. I have not reached out to them yet.

Moore wanted $1k deposit.