Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

DEALERS SET THE ACTUAL PRICE, WHICH MAY DIFFER FROM THE MANUFACTURER’S SUGGESTED RETAIL PRICE. The MSRP excludes tax, title, license, dealer fees, optional equipment, and other options. GM reserves the right to change the MSRP in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice.

This price could be completely different at time of delivery then?

3 Likes

wow crazy, that was quick. sure enough, ordering site says “2023 LYRIQ pre-orders are full” RWD & AWD

Missed the boat, just decided about 40 min ago to contact clutch.

If you want to join the EV club you have to pay at least 10 years worth of gas up front.

2 Likes

A dealer would have to be foolish to let one of these early orders go at anywhere near MSRP. Without a contract or actual order in place, this $100 deposit is merely a marketing stunt so that GM can announce the “huge” demand in a press release next week.

7 Likes

makes sense. unless these cars turn out to be a complete disappointment, maybe.

JPMorgan predicts avg gas price over $6/gallon in August.

Followed by 30% electric rate hikes. Those with evs are about to find out that ev are not going to be cheaper to run. Unless they have solar setup at home.

1 Like

Should still have lower maintenance costs than ICE vehicles. And even with a 30% hike in electricity costs, still saving a ton vs gas (55$ a month electric vs $255/month gas). And yes, solar panels for sure help.

However, this preordering system is idiotic without locked in pricing. Do not recommend lol.

1 Like

That statement on savings only works if you live in a state with low electricity costs.

Tesla has raised supercharger prices.
Have friends whose electricity bill tripled this year in NY due to hikes and more coming, along with rolling blackouts. Some have Teslas and it got significantly more expensive, not far behind ice gas cost.

Not all solutions are that easy. I am all for alternative energy but it needs to make sense from infrastructure, sustainability and affordability point.

2 Likes

@iac bout to be laughing all the way to the bank in his dual EV, solar panel setup -_-

1 Like

Even if electric prices go up by 50%, it’s still cheaper for me to drive electric. Right now, I’m paying $0.08/mile on electric and $0.20/mile on gas for me 4XE.

• Are people buying this for flip or purchase to keep it.
  • and, lease or finance?

Looks like I may have been late to the party. I could pull a gm employee pricing code. Think there is any dealer out there doing these for supplier or employee pricing?

I’m just placing a no-cost option (refundable $100 deposit). I’ll decide when I find out what the dealer is willing to sell it for and the lease program numbers. Worst case, I cancel and get my deposit back.

I wanted an awd. Did anyone here order a rwd? Other than $2k less and getting it sooner any other reason why?

i put in one order for both. figured i’d cover my bases. realistically i don’t think we’re getting them until 2023 either way.

I blame you people for having to endure these ads. :slight_smile:

Regardless, nothing makes me want to buy a car more than seeing a model walk past it wearing ridiculous pants.

2 Likes

Its called FaShUn

2 Likes

'We are the goon squad, and we’re coming to town. Beep beep."