Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

The first batch of (private) orders Cadillac took for Lyriq were RWD only.
The AWD is now only first available in this second batch of (public) orders.

I am guessing if you buy a RWD now, you can still get one from the first production run.

Got my preorder in, local dealer @ MSRP no add ons

Nope, unless they replace it with a new program.

Officially opens at 9 am est but seems some already ordered.

Any SoCal dealers at msrp?

After being jerked around (not in the way I like) by at least 8 dealers in the San Diego and Orange County regions, I decided to order 2 Lyriq’s at MSRP using @Clutch. Now, I can live my dream of looking like an eco-friendly rap star without having to negotiate with the lizard people slithering around GM dealerships. 5 stars, will order more.

5 Likes

suppose that makes enough sense. wonder if for tax purposes it might be better to hold out until 23 anyway and a snowball’s chance in hell that they renew the tax program.

You want 2 with no federal tax credit? You assuming that the price will go up before delivery?

1 Like

One for mom and pops, one for me. They are Cadillac fanatics, but haven’t purchased one in 10 years because they started to make dog doo doo :poop: cars once Johan De Nysschen got behind the wheel (after ruining my beloved Infiniti). Now that he was banished back to hell, they are ready to enjoy a new one.

I, on the other hand, am hedging a bet that battery electric cars are going to be in high demand after battery shortages and supply chain issues continue to worsen. I also think electric cars are the best hedge against the recession we’re entering.

LOL, that was my first thought, why the hubub over a GM…it’s still a GM.

So it’s $100 non-refundable to reserve. How long is the wait, 3-6 months? And we will know soon if the MF and RV makes sense to keep the vehicle.

judging from what the dealership manager said to me over the phone i’d expect november/december.

It refundable, I just placed my order online.

Orders live now: Cadillac LYRIQ Electric SUV | Place Your Order Today

$100 refundable deposit required.

Im so confused now lol. I already have most of the EVs/PHEVs on order, but I need need a vehicle EoY. Can’t push to early 2023 for AWD.

Just submitted the $100 refundable deposit to lock in the option. I can’t see fuel prices returning to $3.00/gal, semiconductor shortages sorted out and EV demand fading in the next 12-18 months.

Put an order in online- Dealership called to verify the order and if I had any questions. I just asked to verify it would be at MSRP. He said no we are going to get 20k over on the pre orders due to limited supply. Told him I was not interested- he was able to cancel the order and refund my card on his side.

What’s sad is that they probably will get that. I think a lot of these pre-orders will be in for big sticker-shock when delivery time comes…

So, no price protection?

I was told AWD orders for 2023 just sold out.

You are now redirected to a waitlist.

2 Likes

My dealer told me they take $1,000 deposit lol I said “no way”, I had already placed pre-order on-line with $100. But the salesperson said it would be at sticker, no affiliate.