Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

Do we know how the reservation process works? I’m assuming online and you pick a dealer? Most likely $100 bucks to make a reservation.

Edit: Confirmed this with a GSM at a local dealer, $100 dollar online deposit. Then GM will call customer later on to pick out options and order the car through the dealer.

Just got this email with a link to preorder online.
So looks like dealer can submit orders today.

2 Likes

How did you get this?

Yup, just placed mine

2 Likes

Can it be done online? Is there a link we can use?

Is it a good candidate for flipping? With no discount and no ev credit, plus the fee, and tax when you take the delivery, I can hardly see any equity left in it unless there are multiple price increases upon the delivery and the used car market peaks again

gm doesn’t get the EV credit?

They passed the 200k unit limit already.

1 Like

I haven’t seen enough Bolts on the road… I wonder how they managed that? Im surprised Nissan hasn’t thu

Man no ev credit!! Thats a bummer

At $65K, if it has the fit and finish of a Cadillac, I think its underpriced in today’s market where Model Y’s are selling for $75K to $78K. As a NJ buyer, hopefully the sales tax exemption will remain in place when it comes time for delivery. It also remains to be seen if my GM supplier and GM loyalty will apply, and/or what kind of lease program they offer. I’m not buying it to flip it, but I am pretty sure I could if I wanted to.

1 Like

They sold over 150k Volts before 2020.

1 Like

Ah really forgot Volt was a thing.

Msrp or with blessings?

Volts, Bolts, and ELRs. That Caddy with Gen1 Volt guts got the tax credit too

1 Like

When you list out that lineup, maybe I don’t want the Lyriq.

4 Likes

There were some hot Caddys, there were some fugly ones, reliable and not.

GM made the same mistake that absolutely everyone else did: build Hybrids/PHEVs/EVs in the downmarket brands first and bring them up to the luxury badge.

I think the Lyriq looks great, and if I lived in NJ where it had no sales tax I might try and persuade my cheap self. In CA it will be eligible for CCFR as long as it lasts, it’s too expensive for CVRP for anyone eligible. You’re paying a premium for the badge and what’s underneath. It’s not a dressed up Bolt, unlike the ELR - if nothing else Mary Barra will be rocking one so it should be fine.

2 Likes

11 posts were merged into an existing topic: Federal $7500 EV credit on lease v/s purchase

boooooooooooo

well that significantly dampens my excitement about this. does that reset at some point?

talked to a local caddy dealer. they’re doing MSRP on orders but the interesting thing is that, according to the dealer manager, they’re expecting the RWD in fall 22 and the AWD in 23. he had no idea why that was.