Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a44737098/2025-cadillac-escalade-iq-revealed/

I have little faith in ever seeing one given Hummer production, but I’d die for this.

Y’all think it’ll be > 10,000 lbs?

Yup. That thing is the Hummer on roids. Quiet literally brick on wheels.

BTW Get on the LIST B

Specs say ~9000 lbs, and that’s insane.

u folks in CA, NY and NJ get all the best deals.
Went to 2 Cadillac dealers in VA, each had 1 23 demo and 1 24 for sale.
Been sitting on the lot since April.
When you talk to any salesperson they claim falsely “They are flying off the lot”. LOL!
One dealer has its Lyriq marked up 4K and the other does not.
Both use heavy 1970s era sales tactics that they should be embarrassed about.
I guess they never heard about the internet.

1 Like

California might have the best broker deals, but its worse for the average customer I say. We have showrooms full of C8s with 20k markup here collecting dust, because “inventory shortage”

1 Like

20k mark ups.?

Yup. 86k C8 gping for 109k on a dealers website

GM estimated 25,000 Lyriq units would be delivered in 2023. So far 6 months into 2023, they have delivered 2,400 units.

GM CFO said today they have yet to overcome issues with battery module production.

At this rate, the Silverado EV First Edition I reserved will go all the way down to $80k, back up to over $100k, and then back down to $75k or so before it is even released.

1 Like

I still deeply regret making an appointment to drive a CTS-V.

I’ve had some terrible showroom experiences, but I’ve never had a salesperson blow off an appointment and be unreachable, and then have to pace the showroom for 20 minutes while the skeleton crew that was on hand supposedly looked for someone else to help me. (Someone offered and then I never saw her again).

So I made an appointment at another Cadillac dealer and they were professional, but when I slid into the car I discovered that the nicer interior appointments were punctuated with cheap plastic parts that GM must put in almost every other car they make. … it was like finding the most beautiful turd in the world, only to discover that it’s festooned with kernels of corn.

1 Like

I thought it was 250000 ordered and only 25000 actually went thru with the deal.

The MF seems to be pretty wild from a quick glance on Edmonds (>8%). Just saw this article… any thoughts on if the Lyriq becomes a decent deal with leasing?

No good deals or incentives on EVs that qualify for the $7500 credit for American made EVs, so no good lease deals. Proof of corporate welfare. EVs that don’t qualify have tons of discounts and incentives.

1 Like

That discount is added as the residual support, not as the cost cap reduction. Residuals are in high 50’s for 36m, not sure if it already include the $7500 lease support.

Overall, yes these do not make good lease, some dealerships are still asking markups on these. Funny thing is people are paying it.

1 Like

Got an ad from a local dealer for the LYRIQ. Doesn’t seem toooooo bad given they’re still new.

From the Out of Spec driving impressions video I watched of it, the RWD car has pokey acceleration and the body flops around in corners. Perhaps a nice option for those who value comfort and isolation over performance. It’s almost like they designed it to be the ultimate livery vehicle…

Agreed that it’s a new car but $35k for a car with MSRP of $62k car, that’s little too high correct?

I saw that review from Kyle, it’s on point. I had chance to drive both RWD and AWD definitely it’s very comfortable that it feels like your driving on a butter. Cabin noise isolation is the best. AWD had better handling and performance compared to RWD. But as you said it’s catered for audience who loves luxurious ride than sporty.

whats a closed end lease? Is that similar to Tesla, where you cant buyout the lease at term end?

1 Like

Do you want another GM lemon?

2 Likes

Should I get my $100 deposit back?

1 Like

Did you put a deposit down on the Lyriq expecting a lease deal? For $63k, it’s a better value than a C40, but definitely better as purchase than lease.

1 Like