Cadillac Lyriq EV... Reservation & Ordering Discussion

A body that only a retail delivery report could love

1 Like

You are just jealous :grin:

I like the Ultium platform on paper. I love that itā€™s built in the US with union labor. There is raw material for me to love, but the finished product is absolutely not for me or my garage. Color choices are :-1:t2:, chrome trim is :-1:t2::-1:t2:, sits too high, too many weird curves. Also that snout is going to have the new EV problem where it looks like a strip club is following you if you see it in the rear view mirror. Maybe a Show Girls themed grill would sway me.

1 Like

Right, nowhere near XC60. Or even Outback :thinking:

Youā€™re tired of the XC60, Iā€™m not ā€”- though Iā€™ll always like the V60 best. The Outback isnā€™t attractive at all, but Fuji Heavy Industries isnā€™t alive today solely because they lied to Congress and made tax payers bail them out. Which worked out fine for future GM owners, I just wonā€™t be one of them.

GM concepts always soften up in production, but this one would have benefitted from some styling choices - maybe those come later?

Relax? :thinking::grin:

1 Like

Hard to ā€œloveā€ the fact that the Lyriq is being built by ā€œunion laborā€ yet be against the GM bailout - that indeed was comprised mostly of funds that went to saving tens of thousands of union jobs. Same thing for Chrysler, and while I am no fan of any kind of bailout, the Chrysler and GM bailouts didnā€™t stop me from buying two Rams and a Yukon.

As you know, the DieselGate 3.0L settlement was totally ridiculous. I was of the mindset that I would never buy another VAG product for about 5 mins after have owned/leased +/- 10 or so before the Q7. I then leased/bought 2 BMWs, a Mazda and a Honda in the interim, but it also didnā€™t stop me from then buying a GTI and two more Audis.

Totally get standing on principle, but getting screwed on DG 3L and government bailouts wouldnā€™t stop me from buying/leasing the right car at the right time.

Can we just look at cars as cars?

1 Like

Yes, I believe we can.

What do you think about Lyriq with $7,500?

Not an EV guy yet and never have been a Caddy guy. However the reviews are pretty good, the grille is pretty bad but the price is competitive compared to the Rings/Roundel/Star offerings so I might have to check one out at some point.

I was actually going to buy an EV in 2022 before the Inflation Act kicked in just to get the straight $7.5k off on taxes but I bailed at the last second on a few options that were out there. Now with the new restrictions we wonā€™t be able to get the flat $7.5k on taxes aside from whatā€™s rolled into a lease, etc.

I have sort of committed to buying/leasing and driving a bucket list (for me) of the last, interesting yet useful and ā€œbestā€ ICE cars/trucks/SUVs before they are gone in the next 10-20 years. Have made some progress on that front in the last 10+ years (C63, Q7 TDI, 6.3L Yukon, M3, GTI, VTEC Honda, B6 S4 Avant, Aisin HO Ram and now a RS3 among others) but we still have a RS6 Avant and 911 to go before we go fully electric by 2030 as far as I can tell.

Iā€™m all for an EV such as a Lyriq (w/o that Strip Club grille), but not yet.

1 Like

Neither am I, hence the question. I saw it in flash and itā€™s not bad, but I really like my Defender.

2 Likes

I have an early order allocation for a Lyriq. But the overall experience of working with my Cadilac dealer has been pretty awful. They have made it quite clear they have no interest at selling for even near MSRP. The plan was to replace the MY with the Lyriq, but Iā€™m not so sure anymore. A big part of the Lyriq for me will also be Supercruise, which I have not been able to get my hands on yet in any GM product.

3 Likes

GM allow allocation transfers?

Iā€™m in the same boat. Iā€™ll probably walk away from this turd.

I wanted to like it so bad - my wife finally hit me straight - itā€™s hideous from the front back and disjointed all around.

Come On Please GIF by WWE

2 Likes

Maybe call the concierge line and explain the situation or talk to another dealer that you know charges only sticker. They do allow order transfers but not sure if the dealers allocation matters. My impression is that you already have a place in the overall line.

I got the dealer I ordered from to promise msrp after another dealer agreed to take over my order at sticker.

And Iā€™m looking forward to driving one, like the way it looks and could be the family car later in the year. Miss having a pure ev since trading the Mach e.

As far as I know - yes you can transfer orders to other dealerships.

Got my Order link from the dealer and just put the order in. The price increase isnt great but if GM is still going to give the $5000 rebate, it might be worth it.

1 Like