Sold out of etrons!

Still debating between a e tron and model y. Model y seems to be have better reviews when comparing the two . Anyone else use same logic?

Depends on your budget. If you’re leasing, Tesla’s rarely make sense. Otherwise if you Google it I’m sure you’ll find comparison reviews. But frankly, test driving each will go a long way.

At these prices, I’d lease an e-tron, wouldn’t even be a close call.

2 Likes

Hell, audi doesn’t even offer the e-tron in a convertible.

2 Likes

Quality vs (insert your comment here )

3 Likes

Exactly. People look at the optics, but don’t crunch their own numbers. When people look at broker pricing, they’re not doing the math on effective monthly pmts. If you roll your driveoffs, which you should, and calculate your monthly payments, you can easily see which ones make sense.

I haven’t even factored in broker fees and Sam’s 36 month deals (both 7.5k and 10k) are better than all the broker deals out there… at least from the first page of the marketplace. (Not so much for the 24, but with these prices I’d rather lock the car in for 3 years instead of 2).

@ the MSD ppl that commented earlier: I believe with Sam, the max MSDs lowered the payment (vs no MSD) by over $40/month. Coming out to around 8.8-10% IRR over the 3 years. Considering this is a completely guaranteed return, you can only properly compare this against other investments/assets with similar risk. So you’d be looking at high-yield savings, CDs, Tbills, etc. No-brainer. Now if your risk profile allows you to invest and in a sense bet on a singular stock or multiple stocks, that’s great for you. But from a money perspective, you’d be doing yourself a disservice if you compare the returns on a high risk asset vs a no-risk alternative.

7 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 4

@Samaudibh - how’re the deals on Q7s right now? Do 55s lease pretty good or just 45s?

Has this been affirmed that recharging a passed Costco enrollment will work for this?

My Costco membership expired about four months ago. I was able to renew it and it just says “ member since 2017” (when I first joined). I’m sure there is some point where renewal no longer works, but a matter of months is definitely fine.

In any case, I just did a deal with Sam for an ETron and my renewed membership worked flawlessly.

1 Like

I know this has been asked twice now, but didn’t see a response yet: Are these available in NorCal as well or in-person pick up in SoCal only?

$400 transport fee

Samaudibh,

If you have a California address, but own an home in Oregon and your drivers license is in Oregon, where you don’t pay taxes and where I register my vehicles, can I still do this deal.

I live in California, but don’t have my license here or register my vehicles here.

This is not legal. You may want to reconsider posting about commiting tax fraud online.

1 Like

How is it tax fraud? My primary place of residence, where my address and drivers license is registered is at my home in Oregon. I just also, have a residence in California.

2 Likes

I don’t have Costco membership but my parents do, is there anyway to use their membership but still have the car under my name?

yes the last name needs to match

1 Like

Any additional discount if qualified for CVAP?

This is not how I interpreted your message. Generally “I live in CA, but keep another residence in a state without tax liability and keep my registrations there” doesn’t mean “I live out of state with a less than half time residence in CA.” My apologies. We get a lot of posters asking how to do skirt around tax laws.

1 Like

Thanks! And what if I don’t want to do no MSD? What becomes the monthly price? I’m debating between 24/7.5k or 24/10k.

Thank you for clarifying this! As a noob, this helps to really nail down the effective monthly payment. I think a lot of us noob’s focus on the $339 number and forget about that large DAS amount.

I wish there would be a standard or form that dealers/brokers would use when posting deals so it’s a lot more transparent. Kinda like what someone else mentioned here in posting a Calculator link. I know tax rate varies, but the postings can include an assumption of the tax rate that the dealer/broker is.

2 Likes