C8 Corvette reveal tonight at 11PM

It’s possible that they realize that needs to change. Sooner or later the Boomers will all be gone or not in any position to be driving these.

I remember back in 92, my dad bought a car. The dealer gave him a coupon to take up to the gas station for the first free fill up. While there, an overweight old white guy showed up in a brand new Vette. He had no idea how to fill up the tank.

1 Like

Without a doubt. Most of the car rags expected this to start over 100k. GM isn’t always good at pricing their cars out of the gate, but they did this launch right.

1 Like

I’m not sure how making the interior layout confusing would solve that problem. Hell, I’m in my 20’s, and staring at that photo gives me the same feeling my parents probably had when they got their first iPhone. I just want to turn the AC on, man.

This is great. I wish GM put as much passion and effort into their everyday models as well.

3 Likes

I was skeptical but they hit a home run with this car!

1 Like

Have they said when the C8 will hit dealer lots? I assume at least 4 months of markup above MSRP, then zero discount for a while after that.

1 Like

It looks like there’s auto climate control, and the temp selector is a proper “flip” switch, so you can just set it and forget it.

How funny. The last Corvette I saw was a local self car wash a few days ago. The driver took off his shirt to wash the car (it wasn’t particularly hot outside, BTW), and he definitely wasn’t an old geezer. I guess he’s outside the Corvette norm?

Did he leave on his gold chain while doing so? If so, he’s still in the “norm.” :joy:

4 Likes

I believe production starts In the fall so soon after that.

Would love to see somebody hack a C7 Z06

2 Likes

0-60mph 3sec under $60k

I think they’ve done exactly what they needed to do. Make it look like a supercar, make it as fast as a supercar, make it sound like a supercar, make it the same price as a Hyundai Nexo.

However…I still find it kinda crazy that AMG can somehow squeeze 375bhp out of a 2L 4 pot but Chevy has ‘only’ managed to get 495bhp out of a 6.7L V8! - I absolutely know which one is going to sound better though!

I agree with @Michael, if ONLY Chevy put this much into other vehicles cough new Blazer cough

The Chevy motor is a NA OHV mill which is known to be fairly bulletproof for road duty; those turbo mills from the Germans have DOHC and tons more tech but along with them a commensurate decrease in reliability and exponential increase in cost of ownership.
:bat:

6 Likes

This. Big V8 that can be beat on day in day out compared to a service center queen.

my lease ends in June, considering as well… I’m 90 mins from Kerbeck

btw its 6.2L not 6.7

Ooops sorry I stand corrected.

It still blows my mind as a Brit. I learnt to drive on a 999cc VW Polo and moved onto a ‘sprightly’ 68bhp 1.0L 3cyl Toyota after - which seemed fast at the time - so the very notion of 6.2L is insanity to me.

3 Likes

“Would you like to supersize that for 39 cents more” - America

6 Likes

Har! BTW, though, no. He looked, for all the world, like a mild-mannered suburban dad sitting in the car.

And it is. Which is why Corvettes presumably have such a fervent fan base.

And that’s also what happens when petrol is cheap… :wink:

2 Likes