Buying a used Tesla?

In your market it currently doesn’t make sense due to saturation.

Not many Tesla in Texas though since every month is truck month. It’ll be a viable product until it isn’t, and when that happens it’d still be a good little grocery getter.

1 Like

I am wondering if YE is going to bring a lot of fart cars out. I am thinking about consolidating my other cars into a Model 3 for the wife. I should go be on the look out at the end of December for a performance 3

Maybe in more saturated regions

Is it just me or am seeing people asking for almost retail new prices on used teslas?

Definitely not just you. I had to sort through the same bunch of dreamers.

It is not enough that they claimed the tax credit on the car but then want to try to sell it for almost the same cost of just ordering one from Tesla direct brand new.

2 Likes

I cant believe how much cheaper they are not. I just spec a P3, it is less than 60K. I am very tempted. The P3 is a practical car for us, but I really want a sports car :smile:

1 Like

Meanwhile have you seen the auction reports? :speak_no_evil::-1:t2::-1:t2:

Must be without FSD.

You can also see with your showroom if they have any P3D- cars coming (Stealth P3D) only $2,000 more than a LR AWD. You can’t buy a full second off 0-60 and 1/4 for $2,000 from the factory on any other car.

That being said. I’m a fan of the technology, it’s implementation and am excited that it’s come down to a price point where a conscientious consumer such as myself feels comfortable taking a gamble on them despite being critical of the company and its idiosyncrasies.

I’ve been thinking about selling my e92 M3 for months and getting a LR AWD but I’m astounded at the lease prices and not interested in buying again.

I’m now even more swayed by some of the deals I’ve seen here. But boy do I still want a Model 3 :wink:

1 Like

Oh yeah, forgot about FSD. What is the P3D- or P3D+? I honestly haven’t been keeping up with it.

1 Like

Unless you can find one heavily discounted as a showroom fart car definitely not worth leasing.

Even then I still think it’s 100% a buy car since a heavy discount just means your resale is that much closer to market when you feel you wanna get out of it.

I am going to make a stop to the store to see if I can scoop one up right at the end of the year for a decent price. If I can get it below $60K out the door, I think I would do it. My wife wants something cooler to drive, but we are pretty much gas free at this point and just don’t want to deal with it. Maybe I will get my exotic when I am retired. Sigh

P3D+ is the decked out one with bigger wheels, brakes, lowering kit and carbon fiber bits sprinkled throughout.

P3D- is mostly just an unlocked LR AWD.

I don’t think they have made P3D- in a while?

Oh yes they do. You just can’t order it online.

Has to be an allocation that you can get matched to. You won’t find one as a fart car though since they’re bought before they even get on the truck. Best case scenario you hit on a P3D+ fart car marked down to the price of a P3D-.

2 Likes

Since this car will be double duty as my track car, i likely should just get the +. I am gonna go to the store and try my luck. I live in the Bay Area, maybe I get a call right before Xmas.

If you want to run it on the track then yes get + since it does have track mode for launch. At that point I would also consider an aftermarket set of 18s that are lighter to reduce unsprung weight and buy you a couple of tenths.

Interesting choice for a track car. Yah, they’re fast, but all the reviews I have seen about tracking them don’t exactly inspire confidence for them being fun.

1 Like

Model S Performance w Ludicrous is better track car indeed but comes at significantly higher price tag.

The P3D handles better though.

They are not that fun to drive, but it is a modern day muscle car. It has so much power that it can make up for a lot of things. The model s can’t handle a full lap, the model 3 has superior batteries to give them a few laps.

When I am done, I can give the car back to my wife to drive to work. We have no need for 3 cars in the house