Buying a used Tesla?

Any chance negotiating the used one?

1 Like

Not unless you wait for price drop automatically and car may be snatched up in that time. Best deals are usually gone in minutes. :weary:

Missed out on a Blue one.

1 Like

Because you will sell it after 3 years?..so $5k for a year of warrantyā€¦not worth it.

1 Like

Man my honest opinion you move on it and get it locally. While sometimes you chase the deal after driving my friends x5 a few times, it is worth to chase the car sometimes. Life should be enjoyed and this has my seal of approval. :slight_smile:

If you get it enjoy it in good health.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been an aspirational goal of mine and the Model 3 has more or less made that possible since the S was always just out of reach for me (not necessarily monetarily but Iā€™ve always been really apprehensive of having a car payment with a comma in it)

1 Like

You said in the other thread you went for the used oneā€¦so you got it? What final price? What options?

Iā€™ll post more deets soon but convenience and cost of entry for the model I originally wanted clinched it for me.

1 Like

Well. Iā€™m annoyed.

Thus far Iā€™m a week into thisā€¦process. Iā€™ve completed everything I needed to complete on my end so far but one key piece eludes usā€¦a motor vehicle purchase agreement. Youā€™d think that an enterprise that wishes to profit off of the sale of vehicles would be in a hurry to provide such a basic item and procure their funds, but this appears not the case.

I intend to stick this out but so far I am not impressed in the least.

1 Like

Hearing the many horror stories regarding purchasing and delivery, canā€™t say that Iā€™m shocked. For as many years and as many cars that they have sold at this point, one would think most of these kinks would be ironed out by now.

2 Likes

Close to two weeks down.

Loan finally secured it looks like but currently in a ā€œno jean, no moneyā€ situation there with Tesla vs my CU as there still is no MVPA to move things forward.

All of this mishegas for a car Iā€™ve yet to put hands onā€¦ :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

They absolutely have the worst ever experience when it comes to responding to emails and submitting docs. Thatā€™s why Elon wants to replace them with robots

1 Like

He should look in the mirror and start there. Robots donā€™t commit SEC violations that risk their company over a joke to his girlfriend (Ok Boomer), and then refuse to swallow their pride and step down for 2 years to settle a lawsuit.

It used to be that John Scully was the only CEO I wouldnā€™t let babysit a company, but Musk is far worse.

3 Likes

He seems to have finally gotten the messageā€¦for now anyways.

Not really, but he did add a white collar criminal defense attorney to his SEC legal team on Nov 12th so heā€™s at least concerned for now.

I have a ā€œpickup dateā€ now but still no MVPA. Tesla gonna Teslaā€¦

Some news though: I bought a Mid-Range with FSD off a local private seller and itā€™s not a bad little car! Of course this will be my turo/backup car so still trying to close this P3D dealā€¦

I know weā€™ve never met in person, but I consider you my message board friend so I say this with nothing but love: you have lost your mind! :crazy_face:

Enjoy your growing fleet of robo taxis, :battery::clown_face:

5 Likes

Hey, nothing wrong with a little bit of semi-passive income. If that evolves into fully passive income then even better.

Iā€™ll throw a little bit of backstory on this. I decided to give eBay a shot in search of a car to try Turo with and of course being the thrifty shopper I am kept getting beat on reasonably clean low mileage cars by people with more money and less patience than me.

I ended up winning an auction finally but got a message not two hours later that the car had sold to a close friend and that theyā€™d forgotten to take down the auction, So I put my ear to the ground and found a motivated seller who got lowballed on a trade at the local showroom when trying to upgrade into a new S Long Range.

1 Like

Yes, yes, @electric has indeed lost his mind. :slight_smile: The real question is how you intend to park all these cars at your houseā€¦

2 Likes

With smart summon, they can park themselves. :rofl:

1 Like

No. I think I mentioned the guy near me who has 5 Porsche convertibles on Turo and drives a Caymen. People do pretty well in the right niche. By me though, there are 59k Teslas on there nowā€¦

Maybe Smart Summon can find and fetch it without running someone over.

2 Likes