Broker or dealer?

It’s a mechanical product, with historically terrible reliability. Know what you’re getting into next time before signing on the dotted line.

Mechanical products break…especially with a JLR badge. Take it in for service. Get to know those guys, because it’s likely by the end of your lease term, they will know your name.

5 Likes

You can’t compare hiring a realtor to buy a house and hiring a broker to buy/lease a car. First of, realtors have to be licensed. Before finalizing any paperwork, you get the house inspected. So most issues with the house should be discovered then. You also have a real estate attorney who goes over paperwork and terms of the deal.

My point here is that, most professionals involved in buying/selling a house are licensed (realtor, attorney, appraiser, home inspector, mortgage broker). Car sales is another story - Sorry if I offended any brokers :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Deleting whole thread. Deleting whole thread.

Great point: a real estate broker (if nothing else) is required by state to be licensed and has a fiduciary responsibility to their clients.

3 Likes

This explains everything

5 Likes

If you didn’t pay them their retainer, and you didn’t sign some sort of binding agreement with the broker that you wouldn’t go behind his back on the deal, I can totally see why they were reluctant to give you pictures. You even admitted you found the car and the dealership after he sent you the pictures.

1 Like

Husband and wife?

Did I miss the wedding? wtf

4 Likes

Brokers have to be licensed and bonded too.

2 Likes

Except on LH :smiley:

5 Likes

That car DOES NOT even have auto trunk opening feature :joy:

4 Likes

We all know the truth :rofl:

1 Like

Deleting whole thread. Deleting whole thread.

That should be fixed cough cough @michael

4 Likes

This should stay in the annals of LH forever!

2 Likes
2 Likes

How hasn’t this thread been locked yet

3 Likes

No, it’s good information for anybody else in a similar situation or asking the same questions. That’s how a public forum works.

The real question is - are you going to use a broker in 3 years? If so, might wanna make a new account :laughing:

9 Likes

! Deleting whole thread. Deleting whole thread.

2 Likes

My :crystal_ball: says: 2023 same broker, anything but a RR. Check back when you eject from this lease and let us know.

Congratulations and enjoy btw: amazing ride when it’s traveling under its own power.

5 Likes

9 Likes