Broker or dealer?

No shit! Did the broker tell you otherwise or you just assumed?

8 Likes

This deserves a spot in the LH HOF for sure

18 Likes

My realtor would probably do the same, since he has helped me with 3 real estate transactions in the past 10 years (2 purchases and 1 sale). I bet if brokers were paid a commission similar to realtors, some will offer the type of service you are looking for.

Enjoy the car.

2 Likes

Deleting whole thread. Deleting whole thread.

Good news…you avoided the first, of many, service department visits.

4 Likes

Well, are you going to pay him the full broker fee now?

2 Likes

Along with the infamous Honda guy. We should start a subforum linking these gems in one spot. Hours of entertainment.

1 Like

Some highlights of mine:

(Need to get this gif in here before the thread closes)

Guys it’s only Monday…:sweat_smile:

6 Likes

I read the entire thread and finally facepalmed at “manager called to say the trunk is manual…”

7 Likes

Nah, this will also warn other brokers if/when you are back in 3 years.

3 Likes

:popcorn:

:bat:

2 Likes

I will just leave this here… :joy:

OP, are you Russian, by chance?

Deleting thread deleting thread deleting thread

OMG what an epic fail of a thread. “My trunk won’t open so lemme call the broker!”

The fact that it’s actually a manual trunk isn’t even the worst fail in this thread.

Tempted to close this dumpster fire but since everyone is getting their popcorn ready I’ll just try to forget it ever existed.

5 Likes

This does make for very interesting Monday’s… and look - we’re almost at 100 posts! Pretty sure this is gonna land me in the landfill now… :grin::rofl:

This whole thing deserves landfill, yet it’s so much fun and is very educational :grin:

3 Likes

This thread has been hard to follow and I don’t know which broker you worked with, but based on a
quick scan of the thread, it sounds like:

1. You hired a broker to find you a car
  2. You negotiated a better deal w/the dealership on the car, and then looped the broker back in
  3. Signed for car and then discovered car was not as advertised (including body damage)

Seems like a disaster, and the only real benefit you received here was someone PMing you a dealer name. I’m not sure why you’d owe them anything more than a finder’s fee, although most people on the forum don’t really charge people to send them dealer info. I suppose that’s subjective.

If you were able to easily negotiate a better deal on the car than your broker, that’s the kind of thing people should know about. Both the good and the bad should be reflected in your review, so make sure you review them if you haven’t already.

Good luck with the damages. Hopefully not as nightmarish as it sounds.

I’m still struggling with the purpose of this thread, but to answer your original question about broker or dealer, there’s no wrong answer. We have a handful of really great dealers and brokers on the forum. It just depends on how much work you want to do.

9 Likes