Broker or dealer?

Honestly though, why would a broker be responsible for any of this?

Your agreement is between the dealership and the finance company and yourself. The broker is just a middle man who has no skin in the game. Best case he has a great long-standing relationship with the dealer and can help you address the issues. Worst case, he became a broker last week and you’re on your own.

I encourage you to leave a fully detailed honest review at least…

5 Likes

Your review makes it sound like a flawless 48 hours.

A counter example: in January the person I worked for at my client was leaving to take another job, I ordered cakes from a very nice bakery and when I arrived an hour before close to pickup, no cakes. They called the owner who was the one who screwed up, very apologetic, take ANYTHING you want, no charge.

What happened: I took enough cakes (different sizes / flavors than I ordered) when they literally told me I could have everything in the store. They would NOT take my money when I tried to pay, so I tipped the staff what cakes would have cost. Everything worked out and cakes were a hit.

What I wrote in review: “we had a miscommunication on my order, but (people’s names) made it right and solved my problem…”

Point being: I acknowledged it wasn’t perfect (without posting a Yelp review about how I got hundreds in free cake), but I focused on all the positives, added photos, etc.

Your review reads as frictionless as my most recent lease (the only stress was traveling to LA to pickup last day of month or paying notary service and getting it that weekend). In making this other post, it doesn’t seem to jive with your review. I see why people are asking about it.

My friend: YOU LEASED A RANGE ROVER. I can tell the story again about the 2019 Velar that died in the owner’s driveway, and when they brought a flatbed and Discovery the next morning, the Disco died the next day too.

They are mechanical and electronic: they break. It’s your responsibility at delivery to inspect and drive the car, and once you take delivery you’re dealing with the manufactures warranty. Your broker has no obligation to keep your range rover running or they would have no other job.

Enjoy the RR Service Dept coffee and good luck.

9 Likes

Deleting whole thread. Deleting whole thread.

1 Like

Sounds like you went behind his back and then tried to use that as leverage. Not great behavior imo. Especially when if you had searched the forum for a few minutes, you could have found all the information you needed instead of trying to screw over a broker. You should pay him the full fee.

5 Likes

Wow @HersheySweet. No time for sleeping?

1 Like

I’m honestly surprised that anybody would have an alternative expectation…the brokers name isn’t on any of the paperwork that you signed.

3 Likes

Again, the broker is the middleman for negotiations. He did not sell you the car per-se. He negotiated the sale for you. Any issues you have with the car at this point become an issue with you and the dealer. The broker is out of the picture. Could he have contacted the dealership on your behalf as a courtesy…sure. That said, once he handed you over to the sales manager, he’s done with the transaction.

Some real, true, licensed brokers can, and do, take delivery of the car for you, and take care of the paperwork. The hobby brokers cannot do this. My suggestion to you, if you work with someone in the future, ask some of these questions up front, and ask for a broker’s license and proof of bonding. This will ensure you are working with a true, licensed broker. Not saying the hobby brokers can’t get you a good deal, but they can’t do some of the things a real, licensed broker can do. Then again, some of the licensed brokers don’t do these things either, so you really need to set your expectations up front, and ask questions pertaining to your expectations.

5 Likes

I feel bad for @HersheySweet, but this guy is a lot of :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

16 Likes

Have you ever bought a house? That’s exactly what would happen :rofl: do you think the realtor is going to come to fix your hot water heater at 3am? This is getting ridiculous. Please update your review if you want to, I don’t know what else we can possibly add to this discussion.

12 Likes

Yet at hour ago…

Which one is it? Is this a shared husband/wife account, like @IAC?

4 Likes

we are talking about 2 different things. This is what you said:

This is not the broker’s responsibility. He’s out of the picture. You take the car in for service with the dealership and they deal with it.

Why would they? They aren’t going to fix your leaky faucet. You signed the papers…it’s your problem now. The ONLY reason I could see a realtor still being involved is if someone blatantly lied on the disclosure statement, and you found that discrepancy. That said, I’d be contacting a lawyer before a realtor.

1 Like

Wait until you hear about the guys who buy cars with farts in them

9 Likes

Interesting. Where in the contract does it state this? Hire an attorney and sue for

2 Likes

Many things can go wrong after PDI. Did you open all the doors and trunk before you took delivery?

I always walk around and I’m not signing if something isn’t right. If something isn’t right and I signed, I’ll claim my own agency and work with the manufacturer to get it fixed. But what would I know, I’ve only prevailed in 2 of 3 lemon lawsuits…

And I used a broker on the last lease, and never bothered them because of a warranty issue with how my car was assembled.

2 Likes