'Broker' here, offering my services and advice

Let’s start with - 99% of my deals are local but I’m slowly expanding to the internet side of things.

Last month I got overwhelmed with potential clients and I got off the tracks - to those who I let slip through the cracks I apologize.

Hell I even had some deals that I botched. It’s part and parcel with growing this thing of mine into an internet based business.

Frankly, I allowed too many shoppers to come in, ask for prices and skip town on me. That’s on me.

I’ve changed my pricing structure and will now charge a $100 retainer for any new clients. This gets deducted from my fee ($200). If you decide you want to wait or have another deal you want to take, I’ll price check along the way for said retainer.

I will give general advice here, PM or over email if you just want to talk shop. Email is

Ben@CarSalessnoop.com

Edit: Quote from my original post below.

Former CDJR Salesperson here - I keep my finger on the pulse of the industry and have remain connected to dealers.

I’ve been ‘brokering’ for a few years now and have a few contacts across the lower 48 - I prefer great lakes area since it’s my home but I can shop most places.

I can also do most brands since I have the contacts to check pricing. I require no commitment for any pricing and will give any advice I can.

All my numbers come with no BS - I will be transparent with everything and post everything in the thread/forum.

No marked up MF or holding money on interest rate. Straight pricing with no gimmicks. No special fees or key protection garbage.

All prices do not include tax and cover basic rebates anyone can get. If you qualify for things like military/conquest/loyalty add that to my price. I will check to make sure it qualifies.

If you want a different finance company let me know - I will get you rates/MF for them.

Can summon me @Benedetto, email me - Ben@carsalessnoop.com or you can also text me (586) 315-5381.

I have many testimonials I can provide from previous clients.I charge $199 if you go with my dealership. I bill you directly.

If you want a rolling list of my prices for the future with no commitment, please checkout my newsletter.

www.CarSalesSnoop.com

EDIT: New info for June below

8 Likes

Here’s a pretty good thread for content I’ve put out - An open letter to the Hackr community is a dealer profit structure and a copy of my old payplan in that thread)

I’ve also been terribly behind on my newsletter. I’m working on new content for that and will start pushing content on a regular basis.

Thanks for you patience on that.

Actually this probably makes more sense -

I think you should charge $100 (50% up front) for retainer and put a time limit on it – 3 months or 5 “deals” (or something) and then it is gone. Your $200 fee for a closed transaction is more than fair.

2 Likes

I actually, already subsidize my online offerings.

Locally (sitting @ 28 units right now delivered) I charge $350. However, I do it through the places that send me business (collision shops, insurance agents, etc… )

thanks @chrisgo.

Edit: Ehh - I think you’re right on the structure for that. I’ll bump to $100.

1 Like

i hope you are local haha what city and state?

Sorry, but what services are you providing? And where are you located?

@SaSingh @pacheco25 Quoted that information in my main post.

Metro Detroit but I work across state lines.

Do you have any deals that you can tell us before hand? Or we have to pay $100 first to know what you can do? Is there any guarantee of getting less than 1% MSRP or something on cars we ask for? Sorry i just never got a broker for lease before so just checking what we get?

So full disclosure to everyone - we already had this conversation. See here

You’re asking me to shop 4 different vehicles, across multiple brands. I’d stand by my response to you when I said.

and you never responded.

I’m not a charity - I don’t do this out of the kindness of my heart. This is a business that provides for me and mine.

If you had one vehicle and maybe an idea of where you wanted to be - I’d be open to discussion. 4 vehicles is a process. If I spend an hour digging though my log book, checking current MF, residual and rebates I would be 4 hours into a deal with a sub 25% you’re buying.

That’s why I charge a retainer now.

I also will give any general advice on pricing or whatever necessary but I won’t quote exact numbers.

Too many variables. What’s available in Detroit to a CDJR employee is not available to a Las Vegas Shopper.

The guarantee I offer is experienced eyes looking @ your deal. Let’s say a local store has a better offer and you pay me to shop it… if I can’t beat it you can have me look over the buyers order to check things like money factor or such.

How many of you had your contract declined when the MF was wrong on the one pay Chevys? I said a few times that the max deduction for a 24 month lease via GMF is 1% of rate. It’s 1.75% on a 36 month.

Totally understand if you’re not interested and I also know my value.

4 Likes

As a private consultant, I completely agree with this. Not only is Benedetto providing a relatively speaking, low cost offering, but unlike most brokers, he advertises in a positive manner on these forums, just by providing valuable information on a near daily basis. So in essence, you have more proof of his abilities than you would with most. Compound that with the fact that, unlike most other brokers, his existence on here illustrates that he will only present ‘leasehackr’ worthy deals. I can assure you that any less than ethical brokers would steer very clear of this venue. As for four different vehicles, that would normally be $200 per shot in most organizations. This is not to take gurnor28 to task mind you, but generally speaking, when you are out on your own and have a finite amount of hours to ply your trade each day, it’s challenging to explain that to those that may not work in the same manner :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Most of the brokers here are pretty straightforward, it is a tough crowd here. Frankly, I hope @Benedetto makes it with his business model. Maybe his fee is a lot for say a $750 one-pay Trax or $1,700 one-pay Equinox but if it ends up with my negotiating a $1,900 one-pay Equinox or @Benedetto negotiating a $1,700 one-pay + $200 to him, I’d rather do the latter so he can continue to come to the forum to give advice and share his knowledge with this community.

For the luxury vehicles you are quoting, if he saves you $5.60/mo, you are already ahead. If you are not ready to purchase a vehicle, then don’t engage.

1 Like

I’ll be around for a while - I’ve got plenty of local business to keep me going.

@ some point I’ll bump my pricing to reflect or get close® to my local pricing, but for now - I’m looking to build on content with a trickle of clients.

Ideally I’d like to switch to a content driven model as I’ve always wanted to take this business remote.

I just haven’t found the right mix yet. Brokering or not, I’ll always be here. This forum gives me ideas for my local deals and I get to sound important :slight_smile:

Correct on finite hours - only so much time in a day.

What does this mean?

A play on

http://www.scottscheapflights.com <— not affiliated with them. I have read some of the founders posts and such.Pm’d him on reddit a while back and talked about it.

So aside from you “having no life”, you are attempting to work the supply side instead of the demand side of the equation.

For flights, it may work as you can go on trips 2-3x per year. For leases (24-36 months), I wonder if this is sustainable but you will prove out the model :slight_smile:

Is this the same as what @willwar14 was doing on that $99 BMW i3 post a week back?

So the game for you is to have a ton of subscribers (or I guess this forum on the marketplace) to post deals that you find while not having a life?

I think I’m real estate these are the “pocket listings” where they never hit the open market and just gets sold to the few people that even know the deal exists.

I’m not entirely sure where the ‘no life part’ comes in - however I do see your side of the discussion.

I’m not planning on carbon copying them, actually quite the opposite. Brokering and handling deals will always be part and parcel of my business. Frankly, there is too much potential to walk away from it.

I have no clue what willwar was doing - that’s a pretty strong deal however.

It’s a fluid situation. I’ll figure it out as I make mistakes and progress online.

No life was here – I thought it was funny :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Scott is a stanford grad - I think his life consists of doing things differently :wink: