BMW X5 45e Plug-In Hybrid deals

I agree that the Costco discount is a joke but some dealers may respond better if you ask for the Costco price vs asking for a discount in general. I approached the same dealership that had offered the Costco price to that bmw forum guy but I asked for % off and they didn’t want to move from MSRP. It’s possible that it’s a coincidence and they just don’t want to give that discount at the moment. I didn’t want to bring it up because I’m targeting a higher discount but it could be an option for people who are ready to pay MSRP.

1 Like

Where did you get 2k off on 45e?

A dealership

I figured as much, the question is which one? Thats a good discount

Not bad. We did $2,000 off for a local (in PMA) recently on an order but that was a special case.

I would be all over that, specially if it was local.

2 Likes

I’m getting emails from dealers who I’ve talked to in the past. There’s one I had offered 3% off MSRP a few weeks ago and they said they couldn’t do it. The same sales person just reached out, but this time I asked for 4%. He didn’t say no this time and is checking what’s coming in his inventory. Similar story with another dealership but I asked for 5% this time. I don’t expect them to give me 5% but they haven’t said no yet. I think the base trim X5 is starting to accumulate and once we start seeing high single digits discounts on the base X5, the 45e will become less appealing.

This on a 45e?

I’ll do that (4.0%) on an M50i this weekend.

2 Likes

Yes 4% is my requirement to get a 45e. For a new m50 I need the stars to align a little bit more in my favor.

Not there yet and won’t be there (without an employee deal) with rising fuel prices.

In PA
Went back and forth with a local dealer.
Got 1.2% off MSRP with not a lot of haggling. Added on $1000 loyalty which was a total 2.6% off MSRP. Car should be here in 60-90 days. Purchased it to take advantage of the tax credit.

4 Likes

That’s about right for the current market.

They had an open allocation?

1 Like

I just find it interesting that dealers who didn’t want to do 3% several weeks ago seem to be entertaining 4% off now. I should probably check with some of the dealers in the heavy tech markets.

Two UDE events in PA in July, you might be able to get another $500 - $1000 off.

3 Likes

Use them or lose them for the last 2022 builds.

I don’t have that problem as we’re full up and on waitlist for the rest of the quarter and the next but taking PO’s for MY23 Q4 allocations.

Man, all of these talks about % off are making me rethink my MSRP allocation!

Looks like MSRP is increasing 2k on the new 45e

1 Like

That’s not too bad if it actually has more power and range.

Yeah $2K increase isn’t bad at all. Assume one would still be able to get the full tax credit next year too? Unsure whether this will make dealers more flexible on pricing or the '22s.

1 Like

It seems we’ll be still getting the tax credit by that time next year. Hopefully someone can let us know for sure. Yeah, I guess I could be an ass when my 45e comes in and try to get some % knocked off. Not sure if that’s even possible though?