BMW X5 45e Plug-In Hybrid deals

$750 takes off from your purchase price and $1000 bonus cash might require you finance with BMWFS, but you can always pay it off after a month or two.
https://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5/2022/deals/

If this is for personal use and you have $7500 in Federal tax owed for 2022, you get all of that credited back, yes

If it’s a Sec 179 + Accelerated Depreciation for your business, keep in mind that the $7500 EV credit is backed out from the cost basis before the depreciation calculation. If your X5e is $80k and your effective tax rate is 30% (which might be low for personal but is high for many many businesses), it’s on $73,500 and not $80k, and it’s again more credit on tax owed (roughly $30k owed after all your deductions etc) [1][2]

[1] I am not your CPA
[2] I just did all this math with my accountant, and while I’m confident I owe enough tax to maximize either, I’m not confident this early in the year I can maximize both. In a stronger market year I could sell stock and harvest the gains (excluding wash sale rules) - LOL Q2-2022 has an opinion about that.

Definitely definitely talk to your CPA if you plan to capture 100% of both through your business. Someone I work with thought they had this nailed last year and bought a house, when all that went through their returns they got solid deductions but left a ton of money on the table in this scenario.

2 Likes

Sorry I don;t know what any of this means (who hires CPA ? ) . Let me DM you for more info?

Still no luck getting any dealers to go below MSRP. This is such an odd time as a consumer. Previously, once I’d reach out to dealers I’d continue getting pinged (emails, texts, calls) repeatedly to check on my interest. Radio silence now.

Even with the tax credits on the X5 45e, I’m better off buying a Model Y from a net cost perspective all things considered. Just a little apprehensive about the comparatively low build quality vs. the Euro luxury brands.

I don’t know if I would compare a Model Y with an X5.

In comparison it’s closer to an X3/X4 in size. I wish we still had the hybrid X3’s around.

3 Likes

Totally get these cars aren’t the same size. But that’s our alternative. No way I’m willing to spend as much as the model X costs.

Yeah the X really ballooned in price.

Even used ones are going for stupid money (which would be a benefit to me if I was interested in selling)

Ordered this earlier this week. I almost want to wait for the '23 LCI but I’m afraid it will come with a substantial price increase.

No good deal, just MSRP.

4 Likes

I am in the same boat. I want the LCI, but dont really want to wait another 10 months and afraid of the price increase.

Nice red caliper. I just took delivery 3 weeks ago, I thought about canceling and wait for MY23 LCI, but this car has enough horsepower for me. I ordered it in January at MSRP and the salesman did me a favor for removing the $599 ceramic tint lol.

1 Like

Redesigned GLC will supposedly come with around 60 miles of WLTP range. If it’s below 60 grand would really hit the sweet spot.

1 Like

Somehow I don’t think that will happen even with tax credit and that might change in 2023 calendar year.

2 Likes

I don’t know if there’s still a Costco discount for the 45e, but if there’s you can try. I remember reading somewhere in the bmw forums that someone got a Costco discount in CA couple months ago.

Exactly! I don’t know when BMW is gonna bring the iX3 (althu some reviews for it are terrible-ish? )

1 Like

Whats LCI?

Life Cycle Impulse. BMW version of face lift.

1 Like

That’s not gonna be very good for the MY22 residuals. But then again, MY23 might see a price increase

Yes you’re right, on paper, but if you’ve seen the face-lift X7 for 2023, and if the X5 face-lift follows that design language you’re gonna wanna put your order in real fast lol.

3 Likes

It’s pretty much just a courtesy discount.

I did manage to one dealer agree to a 2K discount but now that my Mach-E maybe coming a lot sooner, might stick with that one instead of 45e

1 Like