BMW X5 45e Plug-In Hybrid deals

Curious what % off MSRP are people getting on #bmw X5 45e Plug-In Hybrids in #ca-socal . Am I better off buying or leasing? Currently leasing a 2019 540i that’s coming up. I’ll most-likey buy it out of its lease and keep it for a while to trade it in for the X5. Need something bigger for the family now and want to take advantage of the tax incentive for 6k lbs.

Hey there!
You would be better off buying one. The lease is not advantageous on these as you have a higher interest rate (MF) and no $7500 tax credit.

If you purchase you can claim the $7500 tax credit and use better bmwfs financing rates.

We have some available at MSRP plus any rebates you qualify for if you’re interested.

4 Likes

Of the 10 dealers I spoke to. None of them were giving anything off msrp

3 Likes

getting an allocation at msrp at base rate is a great deal.

2 Likes

Some dealers will try to trick you into thinking that you’re getting a deal by starting at above msrp and pulling back to msrp. I think msrp should be effortless and you may be able to chip a little off msrp if you go on the spot ready to do a deal. I talked to one dealership where the salesperson didn’t want to move but the GM offered 1K off.

Going in person sounds like a potential massive waste of time

3 Likes

I ordered mine in January and just took delivery two weeks ago. I’m in norcal and it was at MSRP. Looking in this forum, $1k off or 2% seems doable if they try to move a cancelation or a unit in stock.

1 Like

I’ll do 1K off on ‘23 preorders.

Cash deal available if not financing with FS.

2 Likes

Not sure. That’s not your typical leasehackr deal where you’re trying to get 15%. We are talking 1-2K off MSRP. You have to signal that you are ready to do a deal the same day but if you are exchanging emails you may get beaten by someone who is on the spot.

What’s your cash deal?

I didn’t realize dealers are already taking preorders (or establishing waitlists?) for the LCI 45e. Any word as to expected pricing?

That’s a good question that maybe @IAC could answer

1 Like

Yeah sorry that was for @IAC.

Also @IAC, is this offer nationwide?
I presume it’s far too early to know what BMWFS is offering.

Same as lease.

Yes nationwide. And yes pre order/waitlist is live.

1 Like

What’s the delivery window?

Based on current waitlist likely is late fall to winter allocations.

Occasionally get a nice tranche of allocations or trade for some to move the list forward but that’s my best guess.

I thought that the LCI production was scheduled to start 4/23.

Haven’t seen anyone lease this model in a looong time due to the federal credit. Have some 2022 production spots left that I can work with, and if you don’t need the 45e can probably help you out more on an x40 variant.

3 Likes

I have been contacting dealers around here in Southern California re: ordering a 45e. Most are selling at MSRP, though some have some pretty egregious mark-ups (one dealer told me they’re pricing at MSRP + $10K today). Trying to decide if we can get a decent enough discount on an x40 to make it worthwhile all things considered (cost to own inclusive of gas, depreciation, etc.).

1 Like