BMW X3M Deal Check

He came back at 11.15% but I’m confused on how he got there. He said he found an additional $1,300. He lowered the price of the car by $1,300. The additional rebate shows under cash collected on item 24) but I’m trying to figure out where they other $300 came from.

If it’s really zero DAS then looks really solid to me. 718 per month effective pre tax (only paying 35 payments) on that car in this low inventory environment is a good achievement. And this is before MSDs correct? What’s the residual on 24 month? May be worth running it through the calculator.

Here is how it would be structured using $3000 lease cash, $1000 fleet. I capped your taxes on incentives and $390 dealer fee… Moved incentives to untaxed, not to have them taxed again in the calculator.

@LeaserOC yes this is before msd
@Bacons_C.C thank you… and hi :slight_smile:

So my intuition was right. They were calculating it with me putting $1,000 down which is incorrect. I’ll be back soon…

I think the residual is 64% on 24 months. So 100 more per month. Small price to pay to drive it like you stole it and get your next M car sooner :smiley:

Well are they back there prepping it? The suspense is killing me.

1 Like

Sorry to keep you hanging. So the best that he can do with $0 drive is 11.2% off MSRP (basically just take the $1,000 out of the incentives in Bacon’s calculator).

There was a “mistake” with the $1,000 down. The guy I’m working with told me it was “working cash” but then he told me he was incorrect and it was $1,000 out of my pocket. I tried to get a little more off, but he said they’re at the bottom line. He said let him know if I wanted it before Monday as the incentives may get better, worse, or stay the same (we’re texting).

Wait what did I do?

Does today still count for July? They might need this unit gone tonight.

I’d go in for the kill if you like your numbers: Tell them “we’re so close, if you can shave just a tiny bit more off here, I’ve got my credit card number for you for a deposit to hold the car and my social for a credit application.”

And if they don’t budge. Just shop this number and tell other dealer 1% beat on this gets you a deal right now.

You said you had corporate fleet correct? So that is $1000. You should let him know that he should be using $3000 lease cash and $1000 fleet. Just tell him that based on your calculations with first payment due, you will be at $795… so throw in some rubber floor mats and you will be there Monday to pick it up.

2 Likes

@Bacons_C.C you are 100% correct, for whatever reason this did not get added and deal was calculated using Conquest. You are awesome man, thank you for pointing this out.

I’m going in for the kill. As someone said earlier, time is money and I’ve wasted a lot trying to figure it out on my own. Hopefully this has a happy ending. If not, I’ll take my place on the wall of shame and be a lesson for others.

1 Like

@Im_rdy

Just offer the above deal… It is a solid deal in this market and inventory situation… Especially in the midwest, and be proud that you did it yourself! Get the rubber mats… you will want them!

2 Likes

I agree take the deal but not too much to lose at this point to ask for a bit more. You’ll always wonder.

2 Likes

You can lose a great deal through greediness. It happens quite often. Sometimes you just have to know when to give in. 11 percent off and base mf is a great deal. But hey maybe you’ll be telling that to the person who comes in and scoops up the deal.

1 Like

There is always another deal. Depends on how bad/quickly OP needs the car.

2 Likes

You will not lose a great deal due to greediness. They keep making more cars! Whoa!

Supply may be constrained in this micro environment, but it’s absolutely not in the macro (unless you are buying cars over 250k sticker).

1 Like

Yes, greediness is an interesting way to describe it. Personally, I wouldn’t call it that. Not jumping the gun when I had the opportunity? Definitely. But greediness? No. If someone else gets the deal then it just wasn’t meant to be.

I want a new car. I don’t need one. Everything is a lesson learned. For myself, and others who come across this thread in the future. Anyways we’ll see what happens tomorrow. Thanks again everyone for your input.

1 Like

I think that’s a solid deal in the Midwest. Congratulations!

So, what happened?!

The price didn’t change from the offer above (11.2% off MSRP, $3,000 in incentives, and less the $1,000 down payment that was added erroneously). Apparently I’m eligible for the BMW Corporate buying program and not fleet discount which has no discount on M cars.

I told him I was ready to put the deposit and I asked if he could throw in all weather floor mats. I also inquired about delivery (he said he could drive it to me for free although I’d probably just go get it). He said 10% off on the mats was the best he could do and that he said he was giving me the “first right of refusal” and that if I didn’t accept he was going to offer the car to someone named Mr. T.

I don’t really know if that’s how the first right of refusal works… Without me putting down the deposit I think he can sell the car to anyone at any given time but I understand. Anyways, I noticed my phone was being weird and not getting service. So I restarted it and saw he texted me a few more times. Apparently Mr. T has $-20k in equity and will take the car at MSRP. Whoever puts down a deposit first gets it.

I will refrain from posting updates until I have the car in my garage. If I don’t post again that means Mr. T got it and I’m still driving working a 2017 Porsche Macan with an Audi motor and VW window switches. I’m sure some of you are probably cursing me, so I’ll spare the agony.